No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oner Explains Details of Sturm Paying To Avoid Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewBreedBoxing View Post
    you can add quillan..they offered him ggg at barclayd...quillan turned it down sayin ggg wasnt known here...so he taked a fight with geurerro who also turned ggg down
    AFAIK Guerrero didn't turn him down, he wanted the fight, as did Vera. It was a question of who gets approved by HBO.

Comment

I like Golovlkin but honestly who has he fought? He no doubt has power but he hasn't fought anyone that has really tested him at an elite level. And say what you want about Sturm but when he moves his hands he is actually a pretty decent fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
        I like Golovlkin but honestly who has he fought? He no doubt has power but he hasn't fought anyone that has really tested him at an elite level. And say what you want about Sturm but when he moves his hands he is actually a pretty decent fighter.
        Because nobody wants to fight him. The top 4 fighters want nothing to do with him

Who is he suppose to fight to test him at an elite level? Barker?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          If Mundine wins again tomorrow, it only gets worse. Geale might still fight him, Mundine no chance. To be fair, Mundine ducks just about everyone.

Macklin always has other plans when GGG has an open date.
          I cant imagine Mundine winning tomoro.....btw do you know what time the fight is happening?

If he loses to mundine, it will be a trilogy and then if gaele wins that another rematch with sturm. Its gonna be a **** show for the MW division in the next year, everybody is tying themselves up for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            I cant imagine Mundine winning tomoro.....btw do you know what time the fight is happening?

If he loses to mundine, it will be a trilogy and then if gaele wins that another rematch with sturm. Its gonna be a **** show for the MW division in the next year, everybody is tying themselves up for a while
            I'd only guess it's around 4am PST, about a day and half from now. I've had mixed luck with Aussie streams the few times I tried. This one is big, however they lock them down really tight. It's ******ed, they should be happy for any outside exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              I'd only guess it's around 4am PST, about a day and half from now. I've had mixed luck with Aussie streams the few times I tried. This one is big, however they lock them down really tight. It's ******ed, they should be happy for any outside exposure.
              I just looked it up and it's listed as 4am Eastern on my betting site. And i agree, its usually pretty hard to watch an aussie fight online. But this is a "huge" fight over there so im guessing a lot of people will stream it

Comment

Sturms a good fighter so everyone should stop the hating acting like he's some bum. I'm sure this story is all true but there is no need to hate on this guy. If you think it's a ***** move then fine but to act as if he's just some easy bum. He's a very good boxer who cherry picks as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
                  Sturms a good fighter so everyone should stop the hating acting like he's some bum. I'm sure this story is all true but there is no need to hate on this guy. If you think it's a ***** move then fine but to act as if he's just some easy bum. He's a very good boxer who cherry picks as much as possible.
                  He cherry picks fighters, and then needs the judges to rob them to beat them

Sturm is a bum

Comment

Because nobody wants to fight him. The top 4 fighters want nothing to do with him

Who is he suppose to fight to test him at an elite level? Barker?
                    I was just pointing out that he is very untested. Which by all accounts is true. I thought I had read that Pirog was supposed to fight him? By the way what happened to him did he fall of the face of the Earth?

Comment

I just looked it up and it's listed as 4am Eastern on my betting site. And i agree, its usually pretty hard to watch an aussie fight online. But this is a "huge" fight over there so im guessing a lot of people will stream it
                      Maybe that's when the card starts, I doubt the main event comes on before 6am eastern.

Comment

Working...
                      X