Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Farhood: Maidana-Matthysse, Biggest Argentine Fight Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Maidana would give Matt's great trouble based on styles...I think this is not a smart fight for Matt's to take at the moment..Let Maidana do his thing at WW while Matt's tries to get it done at Jr WW..But I think Maidana has a very good chance to beat Matt's...

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
      Farhood works for Showtime and Showtime Boxing is run by Steven Espinoza, who used to be a lawyer for Golden Boy.

anything coming from Showtime has to be taken with a grain of salt. GBP is trying hard to push for Matthysse vs Maidana even though they aren't in the same weight class and neither guy wants the fight.

even most hard core fans don't want the fight right now.

Golden Boy needs to drop the **** and start promoting Garcia vs Matthysse a fight fans actually demanding.
      You are right, i would add that no one in Argentina wants this fight now. Also, Matthysse said he was going up to WW on 2014, so what's the point of this fight this year? It seems there are too many argentine fighters in GBP and they want to get rid of one.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
        Farhood works for Showtime and Showtime Boxing is run by Steven Espinoza, who used to be a lawyer for Golden Boy.

anything coming from Showtime has to be taken with a grain of salt. GBP is trying hard to push for Matthysse vs Maidana even though they aren't in the same weight class and neither guy wants the fight.

even most hard core fans don't want the fight right now.

Golden Boy needs to drop the **** and start promoting Garcia vs Matthysse a fight fans actually demanding.
        Great post, couldnt say it any better

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
          You are right, i would add that no one in Argentina wants this fight now. Also, Matthysse said he was going up to WW on 2014, so what's the point of this fight this year? It seems there are too many argentine fighters in GBP and they want to get rid of one.
          The best one

Comment

NOBODY Wants To Get Hit By Matthysse OR Maidana

...which is why you can't get anyone to fight them. Mayweather saw the train wreck Maidana put on Victor Ortiz in 8 rounds and Floyd chose to fight Ortiz anyway (since when does the Champ fight the loser of a fight as opposed to the winner????). Floyd wanted no part of Maidana. Guerreo cancelled his fight with Maidana claiming shoulder surgery needed, and since has called out everyone in Boxing EXCEPT Maidana; he wants no part of him. Amir Khan won't give him a rematch, when most felt Maidana won their first fight. Matthysse will now experience the same thing after his vicious knock out of Dallas Saturday Night. A FOOTNOTE: Jackie Kallen, Manager for Dallas, really had a sincere interest for Dallas in this fight. She really set her guy up for success, and had a real good feeling about the outcome. WATCH THE REPLAY. Kallen is sitting in her first or second row seat, just down from Oscar dela Hoya, the first round is underway, and Jackie Kallen is seen on the broadcast, NOT watching the fight, she has her head down towards her crotch, jacking around with her cell phone sending a text message to someone. When her boy Dallas got frozen with a one punch knockout, landing face first on the canvas, Jackie Kallen is seen in the backdrop, still with her head down, TEXTING, not watching her boy's fight. Had to take someone's word for it, until she could see the replay... That's some very interested, supporting manager, if you ask me. I should have known when I saw that banged up betty walking her fighter to the ring, carrying her cell phone in her hand, like she had someplace else to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              I think Maidana would give Matt's great trouble based on styles...I think this is not a smart fight for Matt's to take at the moment..Let Maidana do his thing at WW while Matt's tries to get it done at Jr WW..But I think Maidana has a very good chance to beat Matt's...
              Agreed. Its a good fight but ultimately unwise of matts to accept the fight and let Chino get a crack at killing his momentum in this fight game

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                I'm waiting to hear their excuse why he can't fight Garcia after he makes his voluntary against Judah.
                He should pull a Cuello and threaten them
                Probably not a bad idea.

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                Give Matthysse the Garcia fight let him grab those 2 belts while Maidana grabs a belt at 147 and boom! We have the biggest fight in Argentina's history. Only 1 guy's belt will be at stake but both will be going in as the champs.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Exactly. There could be so much more at stake.

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                Matthysse mauls Maidana. Absolutely mauls him.
                Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                Lucas would murder Maidana. I don't see it as a close fight at all but i'd like to see it.
                Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                I love Matthysse, but Maidana had his number in the amateurs. Beat him 3 times I believe. This is the pro game though, and so Matthysse may be able to get his revenge if he stopped Marcos. But again, LATER.

Comment

Working...
                X