Mike Dallas Jr.....WHO??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    you didn't answer my question.

where in the rules of boxing does it say a power punch counts more than a jab or a counter?
    It doesn't, but now you answer my question.

Would you score 5 good jabs by one guy and 5 good straights by the other an even rd? If you would then you don't know how to score.

That's what you said in your previous post. So let's hear the answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Are you even being serious right now? Wow please stop scoring fights, no wonder you had Judah winning. Apparently jabs count way more then power punches because popping a weak jab that missed 82% of the time counts more then getting hammered with power punches all night.

You should contact DLH, he can make you a judge for paulie, and judah fights
      ahhh, overexaggerate my post while avoiding what I actually wrote. I'll ask again and I hope you are man enough to answer honestly.

where in the rules of boxing does it say a power punch counts more than a jab or a counter?

Comment

where in the rules of scoring a professional fight does it say that power punches score more or count more than jabs or counters.

In your post, the power punch isn't what is being scored its the rocking of the opponent. SO, if you are Larry Holmes for example, and you have a jab that brocks opponents, it counts just as much as a power punch that rocks an opponent.

when you don't know the rules, ask. there are plenty of us who can help you.
        Are you really telling me that jabs score better then power punches?

"Jabbers" win fights when they jab and dont get their face punched in with power punches. Thats how Dzinzurik won his fights. Once someone started actually hitting him, he couldnt win.

When was Judah rocking lucas with his weak ass jab, it didnt even land! he as jabbing into the air and gloves all night long

Comment

ahhh, overexaggerate my post while avoiding what I actually wrote. I'll ask again and I hope you are man enough to answer honestly.

This is your argument ?

I guess annyone who outjabs their opponent should win

Comment

• This is why I stay in an obscure forum like the sherdog boxing subforum.

I started posting here again after a while off and the level of discussion here is so weak. Too many experts that don't know anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post

Would you score 5 good jabs by one guy and 5 good straights by the other an even rd? If you would then you don't know how to score.

That's what you said in your previous post. So let's hear the answer.
              the rules say they are equal punches so I would have to score them equally if I'm judging a professional fight. the punches that cause the most damage will win, not the type of punch.

Now, as I said, if the power punches do more damage, then its effective aggression and you should score for the power punches. If the jabs did more damage, like rome-by-ko eluded to, then the jabber win the effective aggression. Also, the pace of the round factors in.

which guy is controlling the fight? the jabber or the power guy? so you have to score ring generalship for that guy. who has more defense?

you only want to score hard punching. that is not just how a round is scored.

Comment

This is why I stay in an obscure forum like the sherdog boxing subforum.

I started posting here again after a while off and the level of discussion here is so weak. Too many experts that don't know anything.
                Funny you sound like one of the posters you can't stand so much...Thing you should understand(and would benefit you)is that boxing is subjective and everyone will have their own view..Does not make yours less right or mine wrong,just means we see things differently..It happens,if you can't deal with that forget BS..Boxing in general is not the sport for you,people won't always see things the same as you do..

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  This is your argument ?

I guess annyone who outjabs their opponent should win
                  you still haven't answered the question. at this point its clear you wont because you and I both know that nowhere in the rules do power punches count more.

Like I said russian crushing you can score a fight however you like. but the rules are the rules. until such time as they are changed, a landed jab and a landed power punch count the same.

just like a dunk and a 22 footer, both 2 pts. just lik a 1 yd touchdown run and a 99 yard touchdown run. 6 pts. just like a 17 yard fg and a 65 yd fg. 3 pts.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-28-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

This is why I stay in an obscure forum like the sherdog boxing subforum.

looks like you are the one that really doesn't know much. either that or, more likely, you confuse what you like personally with what the actual rules are.

If your opinion is power shots count more, then thats fine. But it isn't the rules. Of course in your other forum there probaly aren't enough posters that know enough to correct you so your happier there.

Comment

you still haven't answered the question. at this point its clear you wont because you and I both know that nowhere in the rules do power punches count more.

Like I said russian crushing you can score a fight however you like. but the rules are the rules. until such time as they are changed, a landed jab and a landed power punch count the same.

just like a dunk and a 22 footer, both 2 pts. just lik a 1 yd touchdown run and a 99 yard touchdown run. 6 pts. just like a 17 yard fg and a 65 yd fg. 3 pts.
                      Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

looks like you are the one that really doesn't know much. either that or, more likely, you confuse what you like personally with what the actual rules are.

If your opinion is power shots count more, then thats fine. But it isn't the rules. Of course in your other forum there probaly aren't enough posters that know enough to correct you so your happier there.
                      Wow your going hard bro..Totally agree with both post...

Comment

Working...
                      X