Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse Shoots Down Maidana Showdown, For Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The promoters run this business. If Golden Boy doesn't want Matthysse vs Garcia right now, it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
      maidana isn't even considered a welterweight but he's 1 of only 2 to stop a much bigger JSK; karass even dwarfed a career welterweight last night. certain people make it seem like maidana was being beaten pillar to post in that fight but he looked like a fresh fighter at the time of the stoppage. karass is no bum.
      No but he is a journey man who is 2-5-1 in his last 8 fights entering saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        No but he is a journey man who is 2-5-1 in his last 8 fights entering saturday
        and aydin couldn't figure out what to do with him.

Comment

Golden Boy hasn't handled Matthysse or Maidana very well.

I don't know why people forget about something called weight divisons.
          so Matthysse has to go up to welterweight and fight Maidana or he's ducking him?

let's get something straight.

Lucas Matthysse is Danny Garcia's mandatory opponent. Garcia shows no interest in fight him whatsoever, take a fight with Judah instead. and it looks like that fight will be delayed even longer.

what are people supposed to think?

Garcia called Matthysse an "average tough guy" and says he doesn't deserve a shot but some how Amir Khan deserves a rematch? Zab Judah has done what since being totally smoked by Amir Khan?

then you have this so called injury that happens to be reported a few hours after Matthysse's KO.

maybe Garcia isn't afraid of Matthysse but everything he's done so far seems like it. if Matthysse is really isn't a threat then Garcia should forget about Judah and fight Matthysse instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
            and aydin couldn't figure out what to do with him.
            No he didnt. But Aydin isnt that good and lost his love for boxing and it showed. He lost to Jo-jo dan 1 and then Guerrero and quit boxing until showtime convinced him to take the fight.

It is still a great win for Soto Karass, cant take anything away from him

Comment

I bet you said this prior to the khan and Devon fights
              There is no shame in the Khan fight for Maidana. He fought that boy at his prime, woefully unprepared for the fight he was in for. Yet he gutted it out passed some devastating body shots and nearly stopped Khan in the later rounds. The body shots slowed Chino down so the fact that he hung In there says much. Khan wasn't really there to be hit though. He fought tall and skated a lot.

I continually say Maidana is superior in every way to fighters that are there to be hit! Other fighters can frustrate him with movement, countering, or defense.

Enter Alexander. While I did say I thought his heart would be a problem against Maidana, there are a few things to consider. Maidana looked fat, blown up. First fight at that weight and what A challenge to accept for your first fight at a weight! Ghost can only dream of having such balls. Instead he fights a one handed fighter named Aydin, and pulls the wool over all of your eyes, until now, hopefully. Also devon did his best not to play to Maidana's strengths, which was wise of him. He held and moved and made it a stinker of a fight... But he won.

And that's the only way someone can beat a Maidana, by stinking out the joint.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                There is no shame in the Khan fight for Maidana. He fought that boy at his prime, woefully unprepared for the fight he was in for. Yet he gutted it out passed some devastating body shots and nearly stopped Khan in the later rounds. The body shots slowed Chino down so the fact that he hung In there says much. Khan wasn't really there to be hit though. He fought tall and skated a lot.

I continually say Maidana is superior in every way to fighters that are there to be hit! Other fighters can frustrate him with movement, countering, or defense.

Enter Alexander. While I did say I thought his heart would be a problem against Maidana, there are a few things to consider. Maidana looked fat, blown up. First fight at that weight and what A challenge to accept for your first fight at a weight! Ghost can only dream of having such balls. Instead he fights a one handed fighter named Aydin, and pulls the wool over all of your eyes, until now, hopefully. Also devon did his best not to play to Maidana's strengths, which was wise of him. He held and moved and made it a stinker of a fight... But he won.

Khan is there to be hit, has a glass chin and didnt stink up the fight.....what happened?

Maidana is mediocre with good power

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post

it was alexanders first fight there as well. it's not like he fought tommy hearns.

Comment

Khan is there to be hit, has a glass chin and didnt stink up the fight.....what happened?

Maidana is mediocre with good power
                    Khan wasn't there to be hit in that fight, except on the inside but the ref wouldn't let Maidana do his thing, even with one arm free.
                    He fought tall and skated around like nancy kerrigan.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    it was alexanders first fight there as well. it's not like he fought tommy hearns.
                    Clearly Devon moved up more smoothly. Maidana was fat.

Comment

is this a duck?

Comment

Working...
                      X