Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MUFC#1 View Post
    Floyd claims he was being paid very well under Arum. Considering he was only on a 4m-5m guarantee for Judah but claims to have made 12m from a PPV that done 450k buys. Dont sound to me like he was being underpaid.
    Unfortunately, that tells me nothing regarding this "set limit" you invented in your head.

Anyway, yes - and he also sued Arum for not giving him the amount agreed to in that fight. You were saying?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Unfortunately, that tells me nothing regarding this "set limit" you invented in your head
      Why would I need to invent something? I've no agenda here. Cant same the same about you. You're probably one of the guys who believes Floyd keeps all his money though and GBP, Roger and everyone else around him all work for free.
      Last edited by DonairesRevenge; 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Why would I need to invent something? I've no agenda here. Cant same the same about you. You're probably one of the guys who believes Floyd keeps all his money though and GBP, Roger and everyone else around him all work for free.
        Why would you need to invent something? Hmm you tell me. Explain what you mean by "set limit on what a promoter can make"? The floor is yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          i am not happy manny lost. I am happy that he lost the way he did because I personally have been arguing on NSB for years that manny's style and the way he drops his hands when pressing for a KO would be his downfall. .

as for this thread, floyd has fought who you and others have asked for only when he beats them you then have to justify why your guy lost.why would i need floyd to get credit for JMM KTFO manny? thats ******ed. Manny struggling with JMM , the 2nd best counter puncher on the planet, over the course of 4 fights, validates everything I've ever said about manny.

So if JMM can outbox him and Morales can outbox him, its not a stretch for anyone to think a man Manny's promoter once said was the continuation in the line of SRR, Ali, and SRL, would outbox him. as such, bob keeps him away from floyd.

7 years still waiting and still hating.
          Well, Pac has fought tough competion regularly so he hasnt done badly for a guy who drops his hands when pressing. I think if Floyd ever pressed for a ko, even without dropping his hands, hed probably get ko;ed earlier than Pac did so Pac did rather well.

Just cos JMM could lose a close decision to Pac, dont mean to say FLoyd would even make it close with Pac, with his pot shot counterpunching. Triangle therioes dont work. Just cos JMM can fight southpaws, dont mean Floyd can fight the greatest southpaw of all time.

Comment

Why would you need to invent something? Hmm you tell me. Explain what you mean by "set limit on what a promoter can make"? The floor is yours.
            When a fighter signs a contract with a promoter there's a percentage wrote into the contract of how much of the money the promoter gets a % of.

If Arum had actually been robbing Floyd, Floyd would have won in court. From what I remember it was actually Floyd and his team who owed Arum money. When that came out, this case suddenly went quiet and Floyd never spoke of it since.

Claims he was paid $8m for Sharmba Mitchell....

Bob musta been robbing him again when he was paid that I guess....

Comment

When a fighter signs a contract with a promoter there's a percentage wrote into the contract of how much of the money the promoter gets a % of.
              There is no limit on what a promoter can make because his percentage is based on the fight's revenue.

Comment

There is no limit on what a promoter can make because his percentage is based on the fight's revenue.
                Nobody said there's a limit on what a promoter can make. Whats being said is the promoter get a certain agreed on percentage from whats agreed on the initial contract.

I'll dumb it down for you....

Say Floyd signs a 5 fight deal with Arum. Written into that contract will be Arum's cut. Arum cant turn around after 3 of those fights and suddenly just up the money he is taking.

Whatever money he's taken, Floyd has inked his name and agreed to it.

And from what he claims to have made from those fights. He done very well for himself.

Comment

There's a set limit a promoter can take.
                  Originally posted by MUFC#1 View Post
                  Nobody said there's a limit on what a promoter can make.
                  Enjoy your night, man.

Comment

Enjoy your night, man.
                    Two different meanings. One quote is talking percentages and the other is talking overall revenue.

Schools out...

Explained below

Nobody said there's a limit on what a promoter can make. Whats being said is the promoter get a certain agreed on percentage from whats agreed on the initial contract.
                    Last edited by DonairesRevenge; 01-29-2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Possibly. If someone was under-paying me, I wouldn't want to work with them either.
                      Well to be fair, Pac does.

Comment

Working...
                      X