Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    LOL as ridiculous as it sounds, they're on here daily my friend. I don't mind fans of Mayweather in general who know Boxing, but just like jaded Pac fans it relates both ways.
    lol no doubt it all goes both ways cant hate on a fan for giving excuses when a hater gives same amount excuses just in a hating way

Comment

• Wanted to see Mayweather cotto in 08 right after cotto beat Mosley and floyd beat Hatton. Wanted to see floyd vs margarito after he beat Kneeguel. Wanted to see floyd vs pacman for the last 3 years!! Now I want to see Mayweather Martinez but I have no hope of that happening. Like I said earlier, floyd fights the guy who is the least risk to his 0 for the most cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Even before Martinez signed to fight Murrey, Mayweather had the choice of Martinez, Pac, Canelo, Trout, and Guerrero and EVERYONE said Mayweather would pick Guererro which proves that he would pick the easiest one of the bunch and right on Q he did. Only way he can change the public perception is if he choses Canelo or Trout and not Guererro.
        This right here!!! /thread

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          Wanted to see Mayweather cotto in 08 right after cotto beat Mosley and floyd beat Hatton. Wanted to see floyd vs margarito after he beat Kneeguel. Wanted to see floyd vs pacman for the last 3 years!! Now I want to see Mayweather Martinez but I have no hope of that happening. Like I said earlier, floyd fights the guy who is the least risk to his 0 for the most cash.
          you wanted to see floyd fight 3 top rank fighters at a time when he and top ank's owner were involved in a lawsuit over unpaid royalties and you conclude the reason they didn't fight is because floyd fights the guy who is the least risk.

Martinez, the MW champ has a fight signed in Argentina april. Floyd has a fight on May 4th which appears to be a ww title defense. and you conclude the reason they are not fighting now is because floyd wont take any risks.

The facts don't support your conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Even before Martinez signed to fight Murrey, Mayweather had the choice of Martinez, Pac, Canelo, Trout, and Guerrero and EVERYONE said Mayweather would pick Guererro which proves that he would pick the easiest one of the bunch and right on Q he did. Only way he can change the public perception is if he choses Canelo or Trout and not Guererro.
            fight hasn't been announced yet. how did he have a choice of Pac? Pac is medically suspended. Could perhaps your answer be a little off?

Comment

• Demand is another thing....

Did people demand for him to fight Mosley???? Yes they did, they said he was ducking and was scared and they were like fight a WW your own size like "Mosley"

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                Demand is another thing....

Did people demand for him to fight Mosley???? Yes they did, they said he was ducking and was scared and they were like fight "Mosley"
                Fixed for you.

Comment

• SSM was a good opponent for someone like Floyd who dont ever give his fans any fights. But rarely is a 37 year old with 5 losses at the end of their careers the best opponent or strongest, or most dangerous.

Floyds resume was so poor, that SSm may just have been the best fighter hed ever fought. And exactly what problem have floyds fans got with people requesting Floyd takes another fight after winning against SSM or Cotto? Its not as if FLoyd fights a lot so we obviously arent asking enough of Floyd, either that or hes not listening.

Cos Pac fights a lot and Floyd fans have the audacity to make challenges up for Pac.....Pac should fight Sergio or whoever.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 01-28-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    you wanted to see floyd fight 3 top rank fighters at a time when he and top ank's owner were involved in a lawsuit over unpaid royalties and you conclude the reason they didn't fight is because floyd fights the guy who is the least risk.

Martinez, the MW champ has a fight signed in Argentina april. Floyd has a fight on May 4th which appears to be a ww title defense. and you conclude the reason they are not fighting now is because floyd wont take any risks.

The facts don't support your conclusions.
                    I'm not interested in excuses. I'm not interested in who is to blame. I'm also not interested in your constant defending of floyd! Those were the best fights to be made, those were the fights I and a lot of other people wanted to see.

Comment

• Nope, duh. 10 years is pathetic.

Dont even post who, the floyd excuse hype machine is just dying to use their ready made excuses.

I will say trout was much more impressive v cotto.....

Comment

Working...
                      X