Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Fans: What would Amir Khan have to do, to get your respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    i do respect him. hes a former world champion ffs, only an e-warrior wouldnt respect a world champion.
    Nah I respect what he has done in the ring... but I don't have to respect is mouth...

You think everyone respects Mike Tyson with the stuff he's said... same thing

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
      Schooled Kotelnik - who in turn was robbed against Alexander which shows his class.

Beat Maidana - something people didn't think he was capable of.

Dominated Judah - the same guy who beat 140's new terminator in Matthysse.

Chased Bradley for months - only for Tim to avoid the divisions biggest fight.

Stood with Garcia and traded with the bigger puncher - shows he has balls.

Puts on fun and entertaining fights - unlike 90% of other hyped and popular stars.

Khan already has my respect. Sure he may be annoying in certain respects and he talks to much, but that's only because he's so popular with the media. In truth, Khan is a humble and respectful athlete who wants nothing more than to achieve his goals in life. If that isn't worthy of respect, I don't know what is.
      I haven't seen a dull Amir khan fight in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
        Schooled Kotelnik - who in turn was robbed against Alexander which shows his class.

Beat Maidana - something people didn't think he was capable of.

Dominated Judah - the same guy who beat 140's new terminator in Matthysse.

Chased Bradley for months - only for Tim to avoid the divisions biggest fight.

Stood with Garcia and traded with the bigger puncher - shows he has balls.

Puts on fun and entertaining fights - unlike 90% of other hyped and popular stars.

Khan already has my respect. Sure he may be annoying in certain respects and he talks to much, but that's only because he's so popular with the media. In truth, Khan is a humble and respectful athlete who wants nothing more than to achieve his goals in life. If that isn't worthy of respect, I don't know what is.
        ATG post

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
          I'd be willing to bet that if you had a simple "keep his trap shut", it would have been a landslide winner in the poll.
          Exactly this.

His deluded ramblings make him very difficult to like.

Comment

Amir gained my respect when he faced Kotelnik, who gave Devon Alexander a boxing lesson, Zab Judah, and Lamont Peterson in Peterson home town. Then he went on to face Danny Garcia. There is a lot to respect about Amir Khan's resume.

For those mentioning Prescott, just remember Prescott has been one of the biggest underachievers in the sport. Every time he set himself up for a potential fight against Khan he ended up losing. He has to earn his way back to a shot, and getting KOed by Alvarado is not the way to do it.

Prescott's knockout against Khan is the only thing keeping him relevant. Now Prescott is set up to lose against Allahkverdiev.

Comment

Khan already has my respect, he's never in a boring fight and is always willing to test himself.

Comment

Well he already has my respect. He's a model boxer. He ducks no one and fights the toughest possible fights.

Comment

Stop talking

Comment

Khan has my respect. I've watched him since the Olympics and he remains one of my favorite fighters. I just wish he had a better chin.

Comment

He consistantly runs his mouth like he is one of the elite from our era, he simply believes his own hype. The funny thing that it is not trash talking like other fighters. He is popular cause you see when ever he fights it is a packed house and he is one of the money men in the division even when he has lost.

Also he has the skills that he should had been victiorious in the fights that he has lost. If he humbled up a bit and had a good string of victories he will put that behind him.

Comment

Working...
                      X