No announcement yet.

The Baddest Man at 140 Lucas Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
    marquez has an iron chin, smart counter puncher, and now has brutal one punch ko power..it's one thing to rave about matthysse knocking out a scrub, but it's another to see him actually knock out an elite fighter with an iron chin (i.e. pacquiao). marquez has shown more in terms of one punch KO power by ko'ing and knocking down pac (pac hasn't been knockdown since 2003 and hasn't been ko'ed since the 90s) than anything matthysse has done. i'm sorry but if marquez uses heredia's services the same way he did against pac then matthysse is getting knocked out cold.
    im not saying prime im saying right now. marquez is 40 and pac had him on the run til the ko. lucas stops marquez and pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      he would have been stopped by pac had he not landed that right.
      It was only in the 5th were Juan was hurt. He looked fine in the 6th. I'm positive he would have finished the fight

Comment

I don't know about that, I had him beating Zab but it was competitive. Baddest man at 140 would have destroyed Zab, like Garcia is about to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post
          It was only in the 5th were Juan was hurt. He looked fine in the 6th. I'm positive he would have finished the fight
          Im not. That fight was ending in ko in hindsight.

Comment

I'm neither a Matthysse hater or a Matthysse hypebeast. But i'm sorry, he has not even beaten the likes of Garcia, Khan, Peterson, and couldn't even beat Judah who supposedly loses all of his big fights. Holt, Rios, Alvarado, Khabib.

There's too many guys he has not fought to be calling him the baddest man at 140. And I repeat, he lost to Zab Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              im not saying prime im saying right now. marquez is 40 and pac had him on the run til the ko. lucas stops marquez and pac.
              These are the type of posts that makes fans criticize and insult fighters, and therefore breed haters. Stops Marquez and Pacquiao, dude, he couldn't even stop Zab Judah or Devon Alexander. Are you ignoring the chins that Marquez and Pacquiao have compared to Judah and Alexader?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                lol matthysse was robbed in that fight....he did not lose to zab..robbed yes, but lose? no not at all...
                How the hell was he robbed? Do you even know what robbery is? I had Judah by 1 point.

Marquez-Pacquiao III is what you call a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  These are the type of posts that makes fans criticize and insult fighters, and therefore breed haters. Stops Marquez and Pacquiao, dude, he couldn't even stop Zab Judah or Devon Alexander. Are you ignoring the chins that Marquez and Pacquiao have compared to Judah and Alexader?
                  Have you seen how much his ambition has increased since those robberies? Ollusegun is a badass, with great ring generalship heart and a good chin. Lucas woke up from those robberies and has been on the war path since. Pac is fading and so is marquez. Im not saying Lucas beats prime pac or marquez but right now he beats them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    I don't know about that, I had him beating Zab but it was competitive. Baddest man at 140 would have destroyed Zab, like Garcia is about to do.
                    It was Mattysse's huge step up in competition from being a completely green fighter. Yea he didnt destroy Zab, but he did clearly beat him and knock him down while Zab was doing a whole lot of running and spoiling

That was also like 3 years ago and just 1 year ago Garcia was decisioning and unable to destroy Nate Cambell, Holt and Morales.

Comment

Its hilarious how people are criticizing Lucas for not destroying Zab or devon even tho he clearly beat them, 3 years ago

Do you guys know Garcia was unable to destroy Cambell, holt and Morales just 1 year ago? All were completely washed up fighters too

Comment

Working...
                      X