Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa: Bradley Fight is Not Going To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both of them should just stay active dammit Bradley is being too picky because he still the only one who thinks he beat Pacquiao, And Gamboa trying to skip a few steps after that long layoff to get in that top 10 p4p list.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      From a financial standpoint, Broner is probably the biggest fight out there for Gamboa. I would think that HBO would likely make this Broner's PPV debut. And I'd expect the fight to do about as well as Floyd's PPV debut against Gatti. Problem is, this is as big a mismatch as Floyd-Gatti was. Broner does everything better than Gamboa. The only edge Gamboa would have is speed, and that is barely. It is very obvious that a supreme counterpuncher is gonna be Gamboa's undoing. Putting him in with a supreme counterpuncher, who dwarfs him, is defensively above average, eight years younger, and will likely be the hardest puncher he's ever faced isn't what I'd call a good business move. Broner would destroy Gamboa, probably inside six rounds. And it would be the kinda dismantling that could shatter the cuban's confidence. And for a supremely confident fighter like Gamboa, could be a career killer.
      I'd favor Broner comfortably, but this is exhibit A when someone calls him overrated. What's the most talented fighter Broner has fought, Eloy Perez, Litzau?

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        I actually love both fights mentioned...Bradley vs Matt's(but it would have to be at 147lb)and Gamboa vs Garcia,the weight might be an issue here as well tho...
        Neither Bradley or Matthysse are gonna get the fights they desire in their respective divisions. Fight seems like a natural and would likely crown the coveted, "most feared/avoided fighter" in the game. As for the weight, I believe Matthysse entered the ring a middleweight last night. Fight officially as a welterweight shouldn't be an issue.

As for the Gamboa-Mikey weight situation. Personally, I don't see any future for Mikey at featherweight. Chris John aint coming over here again. I personally don't see any need for him to beat up Salido again. Donaire has already put it out there that Mikey is like his little brother and he won't fight him. The only hope for a big fight is Gary Russell Jr. And that fight is at least a year off, probably more. And probably never considering the GBP-Top Rank issues. So personally, I see no point in Mikey hanging around at featherweight. He called Gamboa out. If Gamboa wants it now, no need to put it off. Mikey's a good size kid. He can handle 130 just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          I'd favor Broner comfortably, but this is exhibit A when someone calls him overrated. What's the most talented fighter Broner has fought, Eloy Perez, Litzau?
          I'd say Demarco is the best fighter he's fought. And before we go talking about how limited Demarco is let's not forget. The late Edwin Valero is the only person to beat Demarco (outside of an early career setback.). Valero was a beast bro, and was likely well on his way to being a P4P mainstay. And while he overwhelmed Demarco, Broner outclassed and systematically destroyed him.

I agree that Broner is overrated. I believe Ring magazine has him rated 6th P4P, which is a joke considering his resume. That said, he's a stylistic nightmare for Gamboa. And would be if they we the same size. Combine the style issues with a ridiculous height, reach, and overall size advantage. And I'd say Gamboa would be being set up for a Gatti-esque ass whippin' at the hands of the Cincy kid.

Comment

I'd say Demarco is the best fighter he's fought. And before we go talking about how limited Demarco is let's not forget. The late Edwin Valero is the only person to beat Demarco (outside of an early career setback.). Valero was a beast bro, and was likely well on his way to being a P4P mainstay. And while he overwhelmed Demarco, Broner outclassed and systematically destroyed him.

I agree that Broner is overrated. I believe Ring magazine has him rated 6th P4P, which is a joke considering his resume. That said, he's a stylistic nightmare for Gamboa. And would be if they we the same size. Combine the style issues with a ridiculous height, reach, and overall size advantage. And I'd say Gamboa would be being set up for a Gatti-esque ass whippin' at the hands of the Cincy kid.
            DeMarco is his most legit opponent, but he's about the opposite of Gamboa style wise. I'm looking for Broner's fastest, sharpest, best moving opponent. I kinda get the Gatti comparison, however the talent gap was 10 times greater there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              You do know he just fought last summer right??
              Yeah I know 8 months ago. He hasn't got a fight scheduled yet will prob be around June again that he will fight. He Alexander 2 years ago man. He's had only 2 fights since.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                DeMarco is his most legit opponent, but he's about the opposite of Gamboa style wise. I'm looking for Broner's fastest, sharpest, best moving opponent. I kinda get the Gatti comparison, however the talent gap was 10 times greater there.
                I'm not really comparing the talent gap between Floyd and Gatti, and Broner and Gamboa respectively. I'm talking about the ass whippin' I foresee. Outside of landing some wild **** and knocking Broner cold, there's nothing Gamboa can do that is gonna be successful. If Gamboa comes out with the wild ****, Broner is gonna drop him repeatedly with counters. If he tries to stay on the outside and box, Broner is gonna pot-shot him to death with his superior reach and defensive skills. If Gamboa tries to get on the inside and bang, Broner is physically bigger, stronger, and about 10x better on the inside. Gamboa is talented. But Broner is the worst possible opponent for him. And if Broner doesn't stop his early, I'm seeing a systematic beatdown, ala Floyd-Gatti.

BTW, I wanna revamp my statement of Broner being overrated. I believe that his status in the sport is overrated. But there is absolutely nothing overrated about his talent and skill level.

Comment

in my "personal" opinion, i think Gamboa isnt all that great to be having this star status, he gasses out after mid rounds or goes from being very quick & accurate to fighting sloppy and desperate starts to fight dirty in later rounds, leaving himself open gets clocked hard all of the time. Hell get zapped at 135-140.

Comment

I'm not really comparing the talent gap between Floyd and Gatti, and Broner and Gamboa respectively. I'm talking about the ass whippin' I foresee. Outside of landing some wild **** and knocking Broner cold, there's nothing Gamboa can do that is gonna be successful. If Gamboa comes out with the wild ****, Broner is gonna drop him repeatedly with counters. If he tries to stay on the outside and box, Broner is gonna pot-shot him to death with his superior reach and defensive skills. If Gamboa tries to get on the inside and bang, Broner is physically bigger, stronger, and about 10x better on the inside. Gamboa is talented. But Broner is the worst possible opponent for him. And if Broner doesn't stop his early, I'm seeing a systematic beatdown, ala Floyd-Gatti.

BTW, I wanna revamp my statement of Broner being overrated. I believe that his status in the sport is overrated. But there is absolutely nothing overrated about his talent and skill level.
                    I can see it unfold like that, just think you're overdoing it with the Gatti comparison. Gamboa can move like nobody else. Gatti was a punching bag for many, Floyd didn't magically make him look like one.

Comment

Originally posted by newcastleking View Post
                      in my "personal" opinion, i think Gamboa isnt all that great to be having this star status, he gasses out after mid rounds or goes from being very quick & accurate to fighting sloppy and desperate starts to fight dirty in later rounds, leaving himself open gets clocked hard all of the time. Hell get zapped at 135-140.
                      He was the best at feather, little dispute. Good weightclass.

Comment

Working...
                      X