No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Stieglitz Stops Nieroda in Three, Abraham Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Props to Sauerland for putting Abraham in against Stieglitz in the latters hometown. I know I'm in a minority here, but I had Stieglitz winning a close decision the last time out so I think it's not impossible for him to upset the abrahammer.
    I can see where u're coming from although i did have abraham winning...it's a winnable fight for stieglitz

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Props to Sauerland for putting Abraham in against Stieglitz in the latters hometown. I know I'm in a minority here, but I had Stieglitz winning a close decision the last time out so I think it's not impossible for him to upset the abrahammer.
      If fights were judged on workrate and "keep-coming-back-ness" RS would have indeed won, but most of his punches were missed, AA was way more efficient and RS' face at the end of the fight proved it. It was rather a closish fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by sako5 View Post
        If fights were judged on workrate and "keep-coming-back-ness" RS would have indeed won, but most of his punches were missed, AA was way more efficient and RS' face at the end of the fight proved it. It was rather a closish fight though.
        It's quite clear that the judges favoured Arthur's harder punching than Stieglitz's volume.

Yeah close fight. I had no problem with AA being the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by sako5 View Post
          Abraham has never fought in Armenia, Stieglitz has never fought Russia, they are both German citizens, they both turned pro in Germany, they're both under German promoters ... What's the point in bringing up the place ?

Saying they aren't really Germans is racist by the way, they are as German as any other German. German is a nationality.

Now f0ck off.
          A direct quote from Arthur Abraham…. Made only 6 months ago, following his win over Stieglitz:

“I’m very proud to be Armenian. It doesn’t matter where we live. We always call us Armenians.”

So that’s very clear then… Maybe not to you, but to Abraham himself, it is. He holds dual citizenship because he’s made a life and career for himself in Germany. My brother holds Australian citizenship because he made a life and career for himself in Australia, but he’s still English. 100%

Abraham moved from Armenia to Germany in his mid-teens. He didn’t gain German citizenship until 6 years ago, and that doesn’t mean he relinquished his Armenian citizenship.

He went back to Armenia as an adult and did his military service. Obviously you need to be regarded as Armenian to be in the Armenian military. His parents and family are all Armenian… so he’s Armenian by blood too. I could go on…

A direct quote from Robert Stieglitz… again, from 6 months ago:

“I am half German and half Russian”

Stieglitz too then is not denying his heritage… He’s Russian by birth with a Russian mother and a German father. He has dual nationality, Russian-German. His birth name is Sergey Shtikhlits. That sounds a bit Russian if you ask me.

Now I’m not denying the German citizenship of either, but for you to suggest calling them anything but German is RACIST is hilarious…. In what way would it be racist to refer to these guys as Armenian or Russian? It’s not, obviously. That’s just a ridiculous thing to say.

Soooo, why even bring up the issue of their birth countries?... Well… let’s see…

What if there are Armenian or Russian judges at ringside? Will it influence the outcome of the fight? Most probably it won’t… but there’s certainly no harm in discussing the issue when looking at the bout in the context of it going to the scorecards. It happened once before so there’s a good chance it will happen again. Like I said, it probably wouldn’t matter, and the judges will probably come from elsewhere…But there’s a point for discussion there, though you were too busy insulting the other poster to see it.

You’re very hostile… This isn't Youtube. Relax… have a beer…

Comment

They fight under German flag, they're German fighters, the fight is going to be held in Germany no matter what. End thread.

Comment

Great comeback. You really got me.

Comment

Working...
              X