Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler's Manager Fires Back: Andre Ward Held 88 Times!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinching should be severely penalized. There is no beauty in doing it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I have not seen Ward get "help" at home from officials.
      Nowhere in the world would Ward have gotten away with the butting, the holding and the holding and hitting without even a caution. Nowhere other than jOakland. To make matters even more ridiculous, it was his opponent who was told by the referee that he was about to be DQ'ed!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Nowhere in the world would Ward have gotten away with the butting, the holding and the holding and hitting without even a caution. Nowhere other than jOakland. To make matters even more ridiculous, it was his opponent who was told by the referee that he was about to be DQ'ed!
        I agree. Now if only that happened...

Comment

Totally agree.

I'm a fan of both fighters; but i'd like to see a rematch in Denmark. I think it'd be competitive.

Ward clearly viewed Kessler as a BIG threat in the S6, so resorted to dirty tactics.

Comment

The klits have fought away from home multiple times. Calzaghe was a stay at home fighter and I would have pointed it out had I been on this board before the Hopkins fight was signed.

So far Ward is like Ottke where he gets help from officials fighting in the comfort of his own country. You are of the opinion that he should continue to stay at home and you are entitled to that. I just do not agree.
            sour grapes mate get over it
            Ricky Hatton hold and clinches far more than Ward and you never complain about it. Just face the fact that neither Kessler nor Froch will ever beat the great Andre Ward.
            They could fight in Darnmark or in Fukingham with 3 judges from each boxers family as the judges and even they couldnt rob the great Andre Ward of the fight.
            Do you really think it would make a difference. Its pathetic that you resort to such petty things. You are obviously biased and just want Ward to lose.

What in both Frochs and Kesslers skills would give you any reason to think they could beat andre ward?

next thing you are going to ask that Ward use ony his face to block punches and cry about how he ran.
            Its called boxing not brawling
            and neither Froch nor Kessler can box especially not on Wards level

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Totally agree.

I'm a fan of both fighters; but i'd like to see a rematch in Denmark. I think it'd be competitive.

Ward clearly viewed Kessler as a BIG threat in the S6, so resorted to dirty tactics.
              ok again what makes you think it would be so different?
              why should he go to Denmark to fight?
              Ward beat the brakes off of Kessler and won the whole fooken tourney.
              so i want to hear this great reason why you think it would be any different in Denfart and why it should take place over there

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                ok again what makes you think it would be so different?
                why should he go to Denmark to fight?
                Ward beat the brakes off of Kessler and won the whole fooken tourney.
                so i want to hear this great reason why you think it would be any different in Denfart and why it should take place over there
                Why did Kessler, as champion, go to Oakland to fight?

Ward, like it or not, had the ref and the judges in his pocket.

I re-watched the fight recently. Ward DELIBERATELY butted Kessler at any opportunity. It's a shame, because he could have probably won a wide UD without resorting to such tactics.

Ah well. Ward can b1tch and moan as a ringside analyst for Froch-Kessler II. He can look on as two warriors, who are prepared to defend their titles, anywhere, anytime, battle it out.

Comment

Totally agree.

So, why would holding the fight in Denmark allow Kessler to be competitive?

Are you even aware of how that sounds ?

So...... the only way that Mikkel Kessler could be competitive with Ward would be if he got a hometown decision in Denmark?

This is a little like the pac-stains calling Marquez a cheat for using movement and countering.

In the old days, all top fighters had to know how to fight on the inside, and they had to know how to deal with movement/clinching/physicality.

Otherwise, they were not regarded as a top fighter.

Comment

I re-watched the fight recently. Ward DELIBERATELY butted Kessler at any opportunity. It's a shame, because he could have probably won a wide UD without resorting to such tactics.

Ah well. Ward can b1tch and moan as a ringside analyst for Froch-Kessler II. He can look on as two warriors, who are prepared to defend their titles, anywhere, anytime, battle it out.
                    Yup, and he can provide plenty of first-hand advice on how to beat both of them.

Comment

The comment in bold is ridiculous, get a grip.

Comment

Working...
                      X