No announcement yet.

Haye vs Holyfield in Cruiserweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
    He was a great fighter at CW. I'm suprised so many people pick Holy. Sure Haye would be an underdog but I think Haye is a bigger puncher than most of Holyfield opponents (HW included) and he'd have pretty much big chance to KO Evander
    Great? How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      Great? How so?
      He beat Momeck, duhh

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        He beat Momeck, duhh
        I was thinking more the Macarelli fight.

Comment

Evan fields enough said.

If we're talking roid free Evander though, haye wins.

Like it or not, Haye is a huge puncher in any era.
          Last edited by Mikel 45; 01-26-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

This is another one were people will just look at the older guy and assume he'll win because he's already an ATG or some ****.

I think Haye is much faster than Holyfield, he also hits a hell of a lot harder. If you can't admit that first of all then you admit to your own bias. Holy has the better chin. Boxing skills: Holy is technically sound but restrained, his fighting style is more traditional. Haye is not technically sound or traditional. He's loose, hard to hit but leaves himself open. Haye seems to be able to dodge punches thrown from the traditional boxing stance quite well.

It would make an interesting fight, but in terms of achievements Holy has done more. Haye is also a cruiser atg, just not on Holy's level.
            Last edited by croz; 01-26-2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
              This is another one were people will just look at the older guy and assume he'll win because he's already an ATG or some ****.

I think Haye is much faster than Holyfield, he also hits a hell of a lot harder. If you can't admit that first of all then you admit to your own bias. Holy has the better chin. Boxing skills: Holy is technically sound but restrained, his fighting style is more traditional. Haye is not technically sound or traditional. He's loose, hard to hit but leaves himself open. Haye seems to be able to dodge punches thrown from the traditional boxing stance quite well.

It would make an interesting fight, but in terms of achievements Holy has done more. Haye is also a cruiser atg, just not on Holy's level.
              I'm a big advocate when it comes to giving current fighters a chance against the old guys. But this is really a no brainer. The fact that Hate isn't technically sound would be his demise. Holyfield had awesome footwork, head movement power and a good jab. His chin was stone and Haye's only chance would be landing one big one. The championship rounds would be brutal for him. He wouldn't be a walk in the park but the best money would have to be on Evander.

Comment

holyfield wins, easy, EASY, EAAAASSSSSSYYYYY!!!!

Comment

If your only chance of beating someone consists off landing a huge punch and catching him, and NOTHING else, you're gonna lose against Holyfield

Comment

Hmm good question. I'd probably bet on Holyfield via rape.

Comment

or from england

Comment

Working...
                      X