No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I've Lost All Respect For Froch, Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
    I am pretty sure all the Super 6 purses were negotiated before the tourney started... would also point out that tax rates in the US are much lower than the UK or Denmark and a guy fighting in the USA keeps a higher percentage of his earnings.

Under the Danish tax system, therefore, it is possible for a high-wage earner to pay up to 51.5% of their total income after gross tax, giving a total of 57% of total income.

(UK) Alistair Darling announced in the 2009 budget (22 April 2009) that, from April 2010 there would be a new 50% income tax rate for those earning more than £150,000.

For every £2 earned above £100,000, £1 of the personal allowance from the lower rate tax exemption is lost. This means for incomes between £100,001 and £116,210 the marginal tax rate is 60%.[16]

USA = 35% until this year where it changes to 39.6%

So if there were a 5 million dollar payday on the table...

In Denmark fighter keeps 2.45 million
    In the UK they would keep 2 million
    In the USA they would keep 3.25 million

A fighter in the USA with a 4 million dollar purse would keep 2.4 million.

So a guy going to Denmark instead of the USA needs to make an additional 1 million dollars just to come out to the same number after tax.
    The tax makes no diffrence your not deducted before your paid you would pay the rate of the country your registered at , that's why people run company's in low tax countries but trade in England it's to avoid tax

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
      but they still throw Ward name out there to give their fans FALSE HOPE
      I'm not sure Froch fans are hoping he fights Ward again. I'd much rather Froch fought the likes of Kessler, Bika, Stevenson, Martinez, Golovkin, Oosthuizen, Pascal etc.

It would be cool if Ward would come over and do the fight in Nottingham but I don't really think it's a fight that needs to happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I'm not sure Froch fans are hoping he fights Ward again. I'd much rather Froch fought the likes of Kessler, Bika, Stevenson, Martinez, Golovkin, Oosthuizen, Pascal etc.

It would be cool if Ward would come over and do the fight in Nottingham but I don't really think it's a fight that needs to happen again.
        Agree with this

Ward is a great fighter but he's boring.

I have no great desire to see him fight anyone tbh

Comment

Ward shouldn't even bring their names up. Let them speak, Froch and Kessler are basically fighting for the right to be #2 and neither of them are in his league which he's already proven.

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
            Talking trash is the only department where Froch and Kessler can beat Ward
            No. Not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              If Ward were Danish he would fill out arenas in Denmark too.

Kessler is popular because he is the only male athlete in the entire country who is world class at a sport that doesn't involve snow or ice.

We're talking about fans that filled out arenas for Brian Nielsen, a fat whale of a suck ass Heavyweight whose claim to fame is losing to Dicky Ryan by "being too fat and tired to continue"

If Kessler were American he sure as hell wouldn't fill out any arenas over here.
              You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. And btw, your taxes post is way outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                I like Froch, but lets be honest that first fight they had was a complete wipe-out.
                I agree. But wouldn't I give him a punchers chance if it was placed in Nottingham? Yes I would. I would give him more than that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    I you don't know there's no need for me to tell you. Did you see the Kessler fight? He clinched 90 times! Headbuttet him all night long and you say that's a fair win? It was a straight up DQ. Kessler was told to get ready for the ring walk, finished his warm up but then had to wait an extra 40 min because of they ward camp. Referee was all Wards and Jimmy Montoya couldn't see anything. Plus all the fans are on his side, the time difference etc etc. If Ward wants to be recognized as a true champion he needs to travel like everyone else has done. Plus he would make more money. So if he could do that, I suggest he does.
                    Okay well a few points.

Mayweather has never fought outside the US, even before his rise to fame. Do you consider him to be a true champion?

To even consider calling Ward not a true champion, you need to bring up some serious allegations. Saying he hasn't travelled, therefore isn't a champion is not a proper argument. He beat the best there was, in fact, he severely outclassed the best out there.

I see your location is Denmark, so your credibility is questionable from the very start.

As for the Kessler-Ward fight, he was getting outclassed despite the head clashes. 99% of people accept that Ward clearly outclassed Kessler. Are you going to suggest that Ward only won because of head clashes? He would have lost to Kessler? Well if you can back that up with anything, please do, as me, and most of people, saw Kessler struggling against a slick, skilled opponent.

A DQ? They were called as accidental head clashes. It's common practice to deduct points twice, then a third time a DQ. A disqualification is severe, and that fight was not severe whatsoever. I'm afraid you just feel robbed that your fighter lost and seem to blame it on everything apart from Ward's skill.

Ward should travel around a bit more, sure. But he can stay in the US like a lot of big boxing stars do. As for the money argument, it's his decision. Froch and Kessler need Ward way more than Ward needs them. Ward is at the top of the division, by a country mile.

As for Kessler, he really needs to focus on the 2nd best fighter in the division. His win over Froch was not a solid win, as it could have gone either way with no questions asked.

Comment

lol...ward is boring, ward wont travel, ward is this, ward is that, but no1 can beat him. if u think froch or kessler beats him if he travels all ur basically hoping is that he gets robbed. no question. and thats pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X