No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I've Lost All Respect For Froch, Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
    That's all Ward needs in my eyes. A clear, legit win against Kessler. The first fight was too dirty and horrible to watch.
    Agreed. But Kessler needs to beat Froch again for that to happen, so it's an unlikely scenario, unfortunately. But I hope Kessler beats Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      If Ward were Danish he would fill out arenas in Denmark too.

Kessler is popular because he is the only male athlete in the entire country who is world class at a sport that doesn't involve snow or ice.

We're talking about fans that filled out arenas for Brian Nielsen, a fat whale of a suck ass Heavyweight whose claim to fame is losing to Dicky Ryan by "being too fat and tired to continue"

If Kessler were American he sure as hell wouldn't fill out any arenas over here.
      http://simon.forsyth.net/olympics.html#TMPM

Well ranked 8 in the 2012 olympics, when you take population into consideration so i quess we're doing ok. Are all texans cheating liars like you and Lance??....... Olympic bronze medalist Brian Nielsen is a bit of a joke, even in Denmark....but we love him anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
        I you don't know there's no need for me to tell you. Did you see the Kessler fight? He clinched 90 times! Headbuttet him all night long and you say that's a fair win? It was a straight up DQ. Kessler was told to get ready for the ring walk, finished his warm up but then had to wait an extra 40 min because of they ward camp. Referee was all Wards and Jimmy Montoya couldn't see anything. Plus all the fans are on his side, the time difference etc etc. If Ward wants to be recognized as a true champion he needs to travel like everyone else has done. Plus he would make more money. So if he could do that, I suggest he does.
        Please mis everyone one with this excuse..!!! Kessler is cheater, he got caught loading his gloves, before his fight with Ward.. One can only guess how many times he's loaded his gloves in his own home town..

In any case he was beaten fair and square

Comment

Ward is paying too much attention to these guys
          they're fighting for the #2 spot, he's #1 and it's solid
          let them say what they want, he's beaten both clearly
          it's time for Ward to go up, there's nothing for him at SMW now
          he could fight these guys again to unify, but he doesn't have to
          even without all 4 belts, Ward's pretty much undisputed

Comment

Ward doing his bit to hype up a fight with the Froch-Kessler II winner, note how he says neither guy goes the distance with him second time around. besides the unfinished business between the two of them, those guys are fighting for a chance to avenge clear defeats to Ward, if they want that chance (i believe Froch does).

if Ward beats Froch/Kessler again, he probably moves up.

Comment

If Ward were Danish he would fill out arenas in Denmark too.

Kessler is popular because he is the only male athlete in the entire country who is world class at a sport that doesn't involve snow or ice.

We're talking about fans that filled out arenas for Brian Nielsen, a fat whale of a suck ass Heavyweight whose claim to fame is losing to Dicky Ryan by "being too fat and tired to continue"

If Kessler were American he sure as hell wouldn't fill out any arenas over here.
              I'm talking about respect dipsh it. Doesn't matter who they're coming out to see him fight.

Kessler is laughing all the way to the bank while Ward's fights fall through because his opponents retire due to drunkenness. Get over it.

Comment

Ward schooled both Kessler and Froch and some aee here are saying they want a clear win! Haha! These euro bums should sick to club fighters cause they arenot on Wards level. He beat them down easily once he will do it again even easier. Be happy they fightin to be the 2nd best SMW cause they will never be 1

Comment

Well that isn't true. A white come-forward warrior like Kessler would be immensely popular in the US.

In saying that, I don't think they should be criticising Ward's style. If it's legal it's boxing, it's up to them to deal with it.

Ward was very dignified in victory.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 01-26-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Am I right in saying Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler are still universally bigger names than Andre Ward? Outside of Wards town Ward still hasn't shown he can draw big crowds. I have a feeling if Froch, Kessler or Direll won the super six they would have excelled much higher than Ward has. It's proving pretty hard building Ward up He's got everything in terms of boxing yet I'm not bothered about watching him at all. Why does he give that aura to me for?

Comment

Ward is on a different skill level above those guys. I wouldn't mind seeing him rematch either man for further proof of where he belongs with the elite fighters of today.

Comment

Working...
                      X