No announcement yet.

Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Im sure there are some wonderful reasons!
    There are, and I'll explain them to you in full detail.... eventually
    Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    You mean how he rarely fights outside of Asia? I don't like it, but why does he have to come here and not have others come fight him where he chooses? He is the champ, after all. I think that there are some things that are quite understandable if you just put yourself in someone else's shoes. Above all, this is a business for these guys. They get their heads pounded to make us happy? lol They do what they do for the same reason that anyone else punches a clock. I'm happy if the top fighters are reasonable about their decisions.
    So w/e makes the fighter the most money.... gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      This is zero excuse, you alway look up not down but having said that Quillin promoters would be looking for him to fight fighters who are already up not one that hasnt really done much but live through hype, GGG needs to continue building himself and he would get his chance but at the moment nobody is ducking him.
      Like Guerrero and rubio right?

Get real guy

Comment

If GGG said, "Let's fight," then he's essentially asking for a shot.
        A shot at what? What does that mean?

He wants to fight Quillin, but more qualified guys like Rubio and Guerrero are going to instead

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Except he's telling a guy who's bigger then him to get a bigger fan base
          It'll only be bigger by the end of the year if he keeps this 5 fight pace.

Comment

Quite possible. As I said earlier, it looks to me as if Pete's very conscious about his future earning-power. He goes on about how hard he's worked to get where he is and all the struggles he and his dad suffered through. This "Kid" isn't looking to throw it all away entirely too soon. He's probably deathly afraid of losing what he's earned, like the millionaire miser who's afraid he's going to go back to rags.
            Quillin looks like the titlist that will wind up waiting to be cherry-picked instead of trying to eliminate all the other top competition to earn the #2 spot. His comments, coupled with the fact that he's advised by Haymon, fuel my su****ion.

Let's say that Geale beats Mundine, Quillin beats Guerrero, and Golovkin beats his TBA in March. Quillin already has Rubio lined up right after Guerrero, and that'll probably take place in May/June. This leaves Geale/Golovkin/Macklin in the mix, with Chavez/Pirog making their return. Golovkin/Geale becomes a possibility, and Chavez will probably fight Macklin. I'm very interested in what Martinez is gonna do. I'm sure he won't fight Pirog, and HBO will probably try and force GGG on him. Haymon could very well help Quillin get a fight with Martinez, and I think it's what he's hoping for. If he doesn't have to go through the others to get to Martinez, he'll take that route. Bute held the IBF title, retained it against B and C-level fighters while making good $$$. Quillin is looking to do the same, and part of me doesn't have an issue with that. However, he can't then turn around and voice a rather ignorant opinion of who's a worthy adversary. Just fight who they put in front of you, get your $$$ right and that'll be it. That's when I started having problems with Bute, who felt he was the clear #2 to Ward with his weak resume. Froch was having none of that and gave him a reality check.

Comment

So you'd be cool with Donaire telling Rigondeaux to build up his fanbase some more right? Lets keep it real folks!
              You've never heard me say Donaire is ducking Rigo. However, let's not forget that Nonito himself stated that his objective was to unify all the belts, and he's made recent statements that he wants to fight Guillermo. If Donaire stays long enough at 122 to fight Rigo, then it's all cool, even if it takes a few fights. If Nonito leaves the division without fighting Rigondeaux, what does that say?

Comment

You mean how he rarely fights outside of Asia? I don't like it, but why does he have to come here and not have others come fight him where he chooses? He is the champ, after all. I think that there are some things that are quite understandable if you just put yourself in someone else's shoes. Above all, this is a business for these guys. They get their heads pounded to make us happy? lol They do what they do for the same reason that anyone else punches a clock. I'm happy if the top fighters are reasonable about their decisions.
                Only reason you should be concerned about Quillins bank account if if you're his accountant.

As a fan, you should want him to fight the top guys

Comment

So you'd be cool with Donaire telling Rigondeaux to build up his fanbase some more right? Lets keep it real folks!
                  Cu****uyNYC is one of the more reasonable members of the Cult of Rigo. He has said in the past that he would prefer it if Rigo had a few more pro fights to get used to fighting as a pro before facing Donaire. He hasn't been screaming duck as loud (if he has) as the other guys at least. I don't think he's necessarily contradicting himself.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-26-2013, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Like Guerrero and rubio right?

Get real guy

No like Rosado and Ouma..lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Quillin looks like the titlist that will wind up waiting to be cherry-picked instead of trying to eliminate all the other top competition to earn the #2 spot. His comments, coupled with the fact that he's advised by Haymon, fuel my su****ion.

Let's say that Geale beats Mundine, Quillin beats Guerrero, and Golovkin beats his TBA in March. Quillin already has Rubio lined up right after Guerrero, and that'll probably take place in May/June. This leaves Geale/Golovkin/Macklin in the mix, with Chavez/Pirog making their return. Golovkin/Geale becomes a possibility, and Chavez will probably fight Macklin. I'm very interested in what Martinez is gonna do. I'm sure he won't fight Pirog, and HBO will probably try and force GGG on him. Haymon could very well help Quillin get a fight with Martinez, and I think it's what he's hoping for. If he doesn't have to go through the others to get to Martinez, he'll take that route. Bute held the IBF title, retained it against B and C-level fighters while making good $$$. Quillin is looking to do the same, and part of me doesn't have an issue with that. However, he can't then turn around and voice a rather ignorant opinion of who's a worthy adversary. Just fight who they put in front of you, get your $$$ right and that'll be it.
                      Quillin is the berto of 160, the guy who became the #2 welterweight by losing to Collazo and beating Quintana

Then he became the gatekeeper to Floyd because of it

Comment

Working...
                      X