No announcement yet.

Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Sure there is. GGG is a dangerous-ass fighter. Pete has to face him sometime. (Not that it matters, but I'll stop supporting him.) But he's entitled to do, within reason, what he thinks is best for his career. You're not going to help him make money if Golovkin derails his career, are you?
    Question:
    Do you have any problem with what Chris John does?

Comment

I suppose it's impossible to conceive how there might just be someone else in the division that reasonably deserves a shot at Quillin. If that next fighter's first, middle and last name doesn't start with "G", then Pete is ducking to preserve his "zero" and is helping to destroy the sport? I think it's reasonable to give Pete a couple of fights before hurling accusations.
      Like Guerrero and Rubio?

And "a shot" at quillin? Golovkin is rated high by just about everybody, holds a belt and has is a rock star right now.

After Golovkin said "lets fight", Quillin said that he's not big enough and scheduled 2 fights with unknown fighters. Ducks dont get any more clear

Comment

As a fan of both....it's because Golovkin would brutalize Quillin.

Quillin would be the "boxer" in this fight, and as he can box, I can't imagine him being able to keep Golovkin off of him. Golovkin cuts the ring better than anyone in the game right now.

Comment

Yes and no. If Pete takes on Golovkin within a reasonable time-frame, there's no duck. If he waits years to fight GGG, if ever at all, then it's a duck. You expect Quillin to take on Gennady just because he asked? Please. Who does that?
          So you'd be cool with Donaire telling Rigondeaux to build up his fanbase some more right? Lets keep it real folks!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            So you'd be cool with Donaire telling Rigondeaux to build up his fanbase some more right? Lets keep it real folks!
            Well that's totally different..... for reasons

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Well that's totally different..... for reasons
              Im sure there are some wonderful reasons!

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Question:
                Do you have any problem with what Chris John does?
                You mean how he rarely fights outside of Asia? I don't like it, but why does he have to come here and not have others come fight him where he chooses? He is the champ, after all. I think that there are some things that are quite understandable if you just put yourself in someone else's shoes. Above all, this is a business for these guys. They get their heads pounded to make us happy? lol They do what they do for the same reason that anyone else punches a clock. I'm happy if the top fighters are reasonable about their decisions.

Comment

This is zero excuse, you alway look up not down but having said that Quillin promoters would be looking for him to fight fighters who are already up not one that hasnt really done much but live through hype, GGG needs to continue building himself and he would get his chance but at the moment nobody is ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Except he's telling a guy who's bigger then him to get a bigger fan base

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Like Guerrero and Rubio?

And "a shot" at quillin? Golovkin is rated high by just about everybody, holds a belt and has is a rock star right now.

After Golovkin said "lets fight", Quillin said that he's not big enough and scheduled 2 fights with unknown fighters. Ducks dont get any more clear
                      If GGG said, "Let's fight," then he's essentially asking for a shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X