Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Quillin will become the "Bute" of the MW division. He'll beat a bunch of decent fighters, but wind up not fighting the other titlists. Golovkin/Geale/Macklin/Pirog will fight each other, and Quillin will wait for Martinez. I think Kid Chocolate's step-up will end with him taking an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      It doesnt take years to duck a fighter, all it takes is an dumb excuse like "he's not big enough yet"

I expect quillin to fight him because he wants the fight and its between 2 title holders, who are top fighters in the division

Theres no reason this fight shouldnt happen
      Whether Quillin fights him or not, I don't know. But it's his and his promoter's choice who he fights after his next bout. Just because GGG asks for the fight and you and/or all the fans want it right now doesn't make it right for Pete. I'd say maybe within the next twelve months is a reasonable time for this fight to get made before we start talking "duck."

Comment

Welcome to the sport of boxing in the 21st century, guys : The era of "I don't duck nobody" followed shortly by a slew of qualifications on the proposed matchup.

These guys tweet more than they fight. This new batch of up and coming HBO fighters is ****ing embarassing.

Comment

That is everybody excuse when they don't want to fight..."HE IS NOT A DRAW" "NOBODY KNOWS HIM" "HE HAVEN'T FOUGHT ANYBODY" BLAH BLAH BLAH

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I think Quillin will become the "Bute" of the MW division. He'll beat a bunch of decent fighters, but wind up not fighting the other titlists. Golovkin/Geale/Macklin/Pirog will fight each other, and Quillin will wait for Martinez. I think Kid Chocolate's step-up will end with him taking an L.
            Quite possible. As I said earlier, it looks to me as if Pete's very conscious about his future earning-power. He goes on about how hard he's worked to get where he is and all the struggles he and his dad suffered through. This "Kid" isn't looking to throw it all away entirely too soon. He's probably deathly afraid of losing what he's earned, like the millionaire miser who's afraid he's going to go back to rags.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Whether Quillin fights him or not, I don't know. But it's his and his promoter's choice who he fights after his next bout. Just because GGG asks for the fight and you and/or all the fans want it right now doesn't make it right for Pete. I'd say maybe within the next twelve months is a reasonable time for this fight to get made before we start talking "duck."
              Doesnt make it right for pete because its a fight he might and probably will lose. I guess avoiding the best and fighting Rubio's of the world is the right thing i guess. Self preservation and keeping that 0 is what boxing is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Quite possible. As I said earlier, it looks to me as if Pete's very conscious about his future earning-power. He goes on about how hard he's worked to get where he is and all the struggles he and his dad suffered through. This "Kid" isn't looking to throw it all away entirely too soon. He's probably deathly afraid of losing what he's earned, like the millionaire miser who's afraid he's going to go back to rags.
                Beating Golovkin will give him huge credit from fans and set him up way better in the future then beating Guerrero and Rubio

Theres really no excuse

Comment

Funny he's talking about getting his name built, but HBO is all over Golovkin. Next couple of fights, HBO will proclaim Golovkin God

Comment

Doesnt make it right for pete because its a fight he might and probably will lose. I guess avoiding the best and fighting Rubio's of the world is the right thing i guess. Self preservation and keeping that 0 is what boxing is all about.
                    I suppose it's impossible to conceive how there might just be someone else in the division that reasonably deserves a shot at Quillin. If that next fighter's first, middle and last name doesn't start with "G", then Pete is ducking to preserve his "zero" and is helping to destroy the sport? I think it's reasonable to give Pete a couple of fights before hurling accusations.

Comment

Beating Golovkin will give him huge credit from fans and set him up way better in the future then beating Guerrero and Rubio

Theres really no excuse
                      Sure there is. GGG is a dangerous-ass fighter. Pete has to face him sometime. (Not that it matters, but I'll stop supporting him.) But he's entitled to do, within reason, what he thinks is best for his career. You're not going to help him make money if Golovkin derails his career, are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X