Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects To Face Trout, Then Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo hasn't even hit ppv fame let alone against his weak opposition his team wants to milk out every dime now that they're actually taking risks for the first time.It's about time to let go of those pampers and face somebody like Trout before even discussing any Mayweather fight.I hope the fight happens but I got a feeling Trout getting robbed if he outboxes Canelo.

Comment

I'll believe it when the bell rings...

Comment

Originally posted by ox805er View Post
        i'm not denying that.. all i'm saying is that mayweather is just trying to live off the biggest boxing followers.. MEXICANS.. by forcing or trying to force arguably the biggext mexican draw on his undercard vs a legitimate opponent where they'd pay to watch that.. sort of donair/hishooka or whatever his name is.. everyone there was for rios/alvarado..
        Mayweather also brings in the casual fan because of his celebrity. Which is what Canelo wants and needs. Theres a difference between 1.8 mil hardcore boxing fans watching Canelo for free on Showtime and 1.5 mil paying 70 bones a pop. Canelo needs the eyes of casual fans if he wants to be the man after Floyd and Manny retire.

Comment

People are so ignorant and quick to assume stuff to meet their agenda. We have no idea what's going on behind closed doors where the deals are really being ironed out and discussed.

Canelo is trying to line up Trout and Mayweather for the year, and people are still hating on the kid..haters go eat a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            I'm pretty confident there will be a contract clause that breaks the agreement if either fighter loses on May 4th.
            People became fixated on the idea that Saul was demanding to fight Mayweather, win or lose, in the first thread on this. Well, one person said it, and then everyone else ran with it.

That obviously was not going to be the case and missed the bigger picture, which is that Canelo is trying to make sure that Floyd/GBP follow through on the promise of a September fight. That is the whole point of having him on the undercard (it's funny that he can't even bring himself to call it an undercard fight, but a co-feature ), so they're setting up a September fight.

Obviously, he's being a diva.

But the interesting part of this situation is that it would force Floyd to commit to a fight in September, which has been mooted but a lot of us can't see happening.

I personally think the Guerrero fight is pretty terrible but....OK, he's going to fight again in September.

Can people really accept waiting all this fight for him to come back to fight Robert Guerrero, only to go missing again for 12-18 months?

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Alvarez is a coward, he only wants to fight the best! ZERO credit for Alvarez.
              real talk bro, all he wants is the pay day he doesnt want risky fights like trout

Comment

Trout will need a KO to get a draw if Floyd agrees.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                  Golden Boy hasn't learned from what happened with Cotto last time. Austin Trout is about to ruin another superfight.

This is why Bob Arum is the best promoter in the game. If he had Canelo he would never expose him to a loss like this, so close to a Mayweather showdown.
                  He exposed pac idiot

Comment

Another thing to consider is on of the factors in Floyd's huge PPV success was because there was the possibility of a Pacquiao fight in the future. That is the fight that brought the casuals and non boxing fans to tune in. Wasn't the main factor as Floyd has done an incredible job of making himself the villain fans love to hate. Right now there is almost zero chance of that fight happening in the near future, possibly ever.
                    I think Golden Boy knows that without a credible draw (and as well liked as he is on these boards Guerrero brings in virtually no fan base) it could be an underwhelming PPV number without mexican fans tuning in for Canelo.
                    I think this is why you are seeing this power play by Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      Mayweather also brings in the casual fan because of his celebrity. Which is what Canelo wants and needs. Theres a difference between 1.8 mil hardcore boxing fans watching Canelo for free on Showtime and 1.5 mil paying 70 bones a pop. Canelo needs the eyes of casual fans if he wants to be the man after Floyd and Manny retire.
                      again.. serves my point.. the 1.5 million fans have paid for overmatched old opponents with a fanbase.. exception of cotto (on being overmatched and old).. **** hoyle.. lol.. i guess i'm bitter at that score.. Canelo does need casual fans.. but by fighting often he'll get there.. i.e. De La Hoya.. without that little gold necklace.. ha ha.. Canelo will do fine as long as he steps up in competion soon.. and delivers.. not like kahn't.. ha ha..

Comment

Working...
                      X