No announcement yet.

GGG-Rosado fight was by far the most viewed fight on last weeks HBO card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Im with the group that says Martinez is on his way out the door and financially GGG brings nothing to the table RIGHT NOW.
    And who does? Other then PPV king Murray of course

Comment

Im with the group that says Martinez is on his way out the door and financially GGG brings nothing to the table RIGHT NOW. Martinez is looking for PPV fights. Martinez - GGG is not a PPV fight.
      So what does that mean? Martin Murray, Chavez rematch and retire?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        So what does that mean? Martin Murray, Chavez rematch and retire?
        I think if he wins the Chavez rematch he will try to seek another fight out there. Mayweather, Canelo or maybe Cotto? The man is pushing 40 coming off of a knee surgery and a fked up hand. I doubt he got much longer left and I think he said it himself. If GGG would've popped up on the scene when Martinez started doing 1Mish viewers and GGG was doing the numbers he's doing now that would've been ok I guess. But like I said, financially, a fight with GGG for Martinez makes no sense at this stage of his career.
        Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 01-25-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I think if he wins the Chavez rematch he will try to seek another fight out there. Mayweather, Canelo or maybe Cotto? The man is pushing 40 coming off of a knee surgery and a fked up hand. I doubt he got much longer left and I think he said it himself. If GGG would've popped up on the scene when Martinez started doing 1Mish viewers and GGG was doing the numbers he's doing now that would've been ok I guess. But like I said, financially, a fight with GGG for Martinez makes no sense at this stage of his career.
          Sergio is not getting Floyd, Canelo or Cotto, its been several years with the same anticipation but its not happening. MArtinez does not do great numbers, 1.1 mil against both Barker and Macklin.

Why are you so worried about Sergio's bank account, im lost. Facing the best doesnt make sense at this point of his career?

Comment

Thats good news for GGG HBO will buy more of his fights. The guy is an exciting fighter to watch.

Comment

Other than Junior theres no one else at that size that can draw interest! Sergio needs GGG, they need a fight schedule that gets them out to the public at the same time! Then build the fight as "true middleweights" and get it on!! Boxer vs Puncher! None of these guys are going to make Pacman Floyd money so that better not be in their minds! They have to get busy and fight, looks like GGGs people understand that he has a veteran trainer and management who understands that now is the time. The goofie kid that trains Sergio is a nut and I don't know whose booking him but they need to get in stride or it will all go right by him! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                These are oddly familar #'s to Sergio Martinez had put up prior Chavez Jr.
                No, actually he had 1.5 million in the P.Will rematch and over a million in every fight since...

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Sergio is not getting Floyd, Canelo or Cotto, its been several years with the same anticipation but its not happening. MArtinez does not do great numbers, 1.1 mil against both Barker and Macklin.

Why are you so worried about Sergio's bank account, im lost. Facing the best doesnt make sense at this point of his career?
                  Good thing Bernard Hopkins called it quits at 37 and stopped challenging himself. Oh wait

Comment

Not really surprised though, I mean the general public will obviously get more excited in seeing two middleweights battle it out than two featherweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

martinez does good numbers. golovkin doesnt really deserve a martinez fight either. he hasnt paid his dues. but neither does any other middleweight. so no1 should complain either way until the fighters in that crap division fight each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X