No announcement yet.

So about this Canelo guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
    I cant blame him for not wanting to be on the undercard of Floyds fight especially if he doesnt get ANY of the PPV buys or live gate money.

GBP can easily resolve this. Get Canelo-Trout on its own card. The winner fights Floyd.
    Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      I don't know about that. These are his exact words:

These are Canelo's words:

Sounds like the date is the issue, not the opponent. He says that Trout is the only guy out there for him to fight.

Don't bother man, these folks have stuff all twisted up. It's easier to spin it like the kid and his team are coming up with some elaborate scheme to give Canelo a guaranteed duck of both Mayweather and Trout than to face the truth.

The guy said he wants Trout and no one else. He knows he could do huge numbers on HBO or Showtime headlining against Trout. He won't do nearly as well on a PPV because so much will have to go to Floyd and the promotion of the event. Canelo would lose out on being the big draw and the money while bringing in a large chunk of viewers. Then there is the fact that there is no guarantee that Floyd would ever fight him after the PPV.

After what Cotto was able to do to Mayweather, you had better believe that Canelo and his team want to get that big fight with Floyd. Any hesitation that may be holding this thing up is on Floyd's side because it's he that realizes the risks involved, not Canelo.

I'd hope his team does not expect a Floyd fight to manifest if Canelo loses to Trout, that should go without saying yet most of the posters are acting like these guys are demanding the fight regardless. No way Floyd and his team would let negotiations even get remotely this far if they knew that was Canelo's plan.

These are supposed professional promoters and managers, to think they would approach a negotiation like that is like thinking they are simpletons off the street doing this for the first time.

Comment

I doubt that Mayweather will agree to fight Canelo in September so if Mayweather says no deal then it will be up to Canelo what to do then. I think Canelo is a big draw all by himself and one of the biggest money makers next to Mayweather. He makes millions every time he fights and I doubt they would pay him that well if he did not sell tickets and bring the fans.

Comment

Working...
        X