Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
    That guy has issues, I don't know why he is still allowed to post.
    The issues are I put you in your place , whenever you try to debate me you run off to another thread and say the same **** again , when I say you Im talking about the kid Pac ******s like that other flip flopper that talks utter rubbish in here every day , all they do is spam hate threads , when it comes to boxing under the hood , meaning without hype , the kids are little boy lost .

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Haven't read the entire thread, but we have to take a few things into account here. Floyd, since battering Corrales, has been the overwhelming favorite in all of his fights and very few fights constitute as a "risk" for him in people's eyes. Manny, although a great fighter in his own right, is the more vulnerable fighter thus looking like the one taking more chances. They have fought a lot of similar foes in the past few years, and not by coincidence the match ups always appear harder on paper for Manny than they do for Floyd.
      Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
      every time pacquiao fights there is always some doubt and people actually believe he has a chance of losing but when floyd is about to fight no one feels that way its the opposite people feel like floyd is giong to win and win easy and floyd gets hated and critcized for that
      Posts by a couple of dreamers. More like Pac is always favourite all the time. Even though JMM has had close fights with Pac, people accuse Pac of cherry picking JMM? Pac has been favourite since battering DLH and hatton without question.....and Pac fights.

Floyd has been favourite on the basis of not fighting, and having long breaks. Meaning he has been overated.
      Pac has taken more risks cos he fights. End of.

Comment

• If anything, this poll has uncovered the *****'s from the true boxing fans All you've got to ask yourself is, how many fights have you watched where going into the fight you thought the fighter (manny or floyd) had bit off more than they could chew?

Hindsight is different, the Pac vs ODLH fight for example, it was a big risk for Manny, going up in weight, fighting a guy who just lost an SD to Floyd but put up a good fight and someone who's been a champion for years and the biggest name in boxing.... You can't tell me that's not a big risk, he'd only had one fight at 135 at that point!

Comment

• I have Pacquiao taking the more riskier fights. I mean come on.. really? Against a fighter known for cherry picking? Not even close.

Comment

• Yet another dominant one sided poll. It's in the right direction, Manny took the riskier fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              come on maniac 310 How the **** is Morales 2 risky? The man just lost to zahir raheem. come on.

Morales 2, JMM 2 (moving up), Bradley (jww moving up), cotto (cw), margs (cvw) and JMM 4 were all fights where manny was a considerable favorite. I don't think its accurate to say a fighter that is at least a 3-1 underdog is a risky fight just because the fght itself may have been closer than expected.

conversely, you didn't list shane for floyd. a fight that going in you and many other posters said floyd was afraid of shane and shane would beat him. Yet, because floyd won so easily, somehow there was no risk?

you need to have one definition of risk and apply it equally.
              Morales beat Manny but lost at 135. Morales came back down to the weight he beat Manny.

JMM 2, Marquez had already fought at 130 several times!

Bradley was considered a very risky opponent for Manny. Guys like Max Kellerman gave a good impression that it would be a huge test for Manny. Bradley said going into the fight, I'm the bigger fighter and said he is used to fighting and has fought at even higher weights than Manny has ever ....

Cotto fought his previous fight at 146. Cotto fought Manny at 145. Cotto said the reason he lost was that Manny was too fast ... no mention of weight draining.

Margarito career weight was 147. So he was given a bonus of 3lbs!

Also you fail to mention that in those CW, Manny is jumping up in divisions but can't even make the weight limit. While his opponents would come in at 15+ over the limit on fight night.

Marquez IV? Are you serious man? lol! Marquez style always gave Manny trouble.

Shane vs Floyd? Shane's last good fight was against Cotto. Had a not good fight against Mayorga that should give you the hint hint already. Yes, he beat Margarito but Margarito was in no shape mentally to fight that night given that he just got caught cheating and was fighting without the wraps. Oh yeah, Margarito weighed in under 146 ... must have been weighed drained against Manny, right? lol!

People did say Floyd didn't want Mosley (not me) but you need to remember that many of those comments didn't know at the time that Mosley would be inactive for 16 months and turn old .... Mosley was no longer prime Mosley. Mosley was old for Floyd, Mora and Manny. Mosley has NOT won a fight in over 4 years!
              Last edited by ADP02; 01-25-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Posts by a couple of dreamers. More like Pac is always favourite all the time. Even though JMM has had close fights with Pac, people accuse Pac of cherry picking JMM? Pac has been favourite since battering DLH and hatton without question.....and Pac fights.

Floyd has been favourite on the basis of not fighting, and having long breaks. Meaning he has been overated.
                Pac has taken more risks cos he fights. End of.
                You're clearly a biased Mayweather hater, not even worth responding too.

Comment

• Originally posted by chav View Post
                  Just been listening to a couple of videos and I thought I would poll you guys to see what who you think has taken on the riskier fights/opponents in their career out of Manny or Floyd?
                  It's easy. All you need to do is to take a look in the last 6 years on their career. Floyd 4 fights < Pac 12 fights in.the last 6 years

Numbers don't lie.
                  Last edited by straightleft; 01-25-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyB View Post
                    Great post, I like how you actually explain why you say what you say unlike 98% of posters on here! Would give you some green, but I have to spread some first! Also, I agree with this.

People seem to forget that everyone said ODLH cherrypicked Pacquiao.
                    I even made a bet of 20 bucks because DLH imo had the size and boxing skill to beat a small guy and boy was i wrong.

Comment

• BRB catchweights

Comment

Working...
                      X