Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310
    Manny Pacquiao

-Barrera
    -JMM (who a lot of people didn't want to fight)
    -Morales
    -Morales II (after losing in a war, he fought him again)
    -JMM II (after many people thought Marquez won, Pacuqiao took a risk and fought him again)
    -ODLH (considered a horrible cherry pick at the time since DLH had gotten titles at MW and Pacquiao only had 1 fight at LW)
    Miguel Cotto (even with the CW it was considered a big risk)
    Margarito(even after a lose Margarito had a huge size advantage)
    Bradley (Young prime undefeated boxer with good technical abilities)
    Marquez IV (the 3rd fight was a cherry pick but the 4th wasn't even with a size advantage facing a guy that had arguably beat him 2-3 times was a risk)

Pacquiao = 10

Floyd Mayweather

-Hernandez (Floyd's age and first title fight)
    -Corrales
    -Castillo II (After arguably losing to Castillo he rematched him)
    -ODLH (moving up in weight, not that big of a risk)

Floyd = 4

that's pretty much it. Only Trout, Martinez or Canelo fights would be risks.
    Guerrero wouldn't. Maybe that speaks of Mayweather's skills and greatness or his great cherry picking skills + hype. Like trying to make a shot Cotto seem 2nd prime'd and undefeated, calling Ortiz the quitter a "Young hungry Lion"etc
    all past their prime..didn't fight Mosley on his prime and got nocked out cold by a 40 year old..sure kid...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Pacquiao. By more than a mile.

Comment

Critquing

You can critique both fighters resumes to the fullest but truthfully you will never get an un-biased answer. The way I look at it is if people 100years from now looked at each fighters resumes who would they say was better? If Floyd keeps his 0, then I would say people would lean towards Floyd "but" the slightest blemish to Floyds perfect record (even a draw) I think would have people leaning towards Manny. Personally as a fan I am still upset that we never got to see them square off and I dont think it was that either fighter was chicken, I think Floyds and Arums ego were to big to give in. I think if Floyd were directing negotiations with Manny himself things woulda been made.

So to answer your question, as of now I would say Floyd is the better fighter because from the beginning of his career to the present he has been un-beatable but ask me the same question in a couple years and my answer may change...

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Manny Pacquiao

-Barrera
          -JMM (who a lot of people didn't want to fight)
          -Morales
          -Morales II (after losing in a war, he fought him again)
          -JMM II (after many people thought Marquez won, Pacuqiao took a risk and fought him again)
          -ODLH (considered a horrible cherry pick at the time since DLH had gotten titles at MW and Pacquiao only had 1 fight at LW)
          Miguel Cotto (even with the CW it was considered a big risk)
          Margarito(even after a lose Margarito had a huge size advantage)
          Bradley (Young prime undefeated boxer with good technical abilities)
          Marquez IV (the 3rd fight was a cherry pick but the 4th wasn't even with a size advantage facing a guy that had arguably beat him 2-3 times was a risk)

Pacquiao =10

Floyd Mayweather

-Hernandez (Floyd's age and first title fight)
          -Corrales
          -Castillo II (After arguably losing to Castillo he rematched him)
          -ODLH (moving up in weight, not that big of a risk)

Floyd = 4

that's pretty much it. Only Trout, Martinez or Canelo fights would be risks.
          Guerrero wouldn't. Maybe that speaks of Mayweather's skills and greatness or his great cherry picking skills + hype. Like trying to make a shot Cotto seem 2nd prime'd and undefeated, calling Ortiz the quitter a "Young hungry Lion"etc
          forgot to add pacquiao vs ledwaba....ledwaba was the IBF super bantamweight world champion and he was considered a rising star in the division and pacquiao fought him on two weeks short notice.

also pacquiao vs sasakul..pac was a huge underdog against sasakul and pac fought sasakul in his home country.
          Last edited by Bermuda; 01-25-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

what does that even mean that he can take steroids when taking on a top rank fighter?

Comment

:AOR: lmfao...these poor guys think floyd fought risky fights.....omg thats funny!
              Burner ©, dan_cov, MrClutch85, PeterinMI, The904star, tlove104
              and these poor souls think it was the same :AOR: lmfao...
              Big Dunn, Cutthroat, FeFist, Marvellous1, TGD

This is the definition of, "In a class all by themselves" :AOR: !!!!!

inmagine Floyd fighting risky fights!!!!
              Last edited by PAC-BOY; 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zuldo View Post
                all past their prime..didn't fight Mosley on his prime and got nocked out cold by a 40 year old..sure kid...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                pac fought marquez for the 4th time after many thought he lost the 3rd fight...it was a big risk because there was still a good possibility that marquez would make pac look bad again and even possibly win (which of course he did)...and no one is mentioning mosley as a risky fight.

Comment

how r barrera and morales considered risk when they were the stars at the time and no one really knew who the hell pac was? its clear most of u dont know anything but wiki n boxrec.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                    Apparently it is BB.
                    24 have it in favour of Manny, but 11 think its about the same or in favour of Floyd
                    Like I said brother, it really isn't debatable. Look at the poll now. Pacman by landslide. You gotta have a fried brain to seriously even try & make a case for Floyd, who has none.

Comment

it may be pac, but pac by far??? only if u hold floyd to higher standards. i mean how the hell was a shot magarito a risk??? how do u say oscar was a risk for manny then dont say mosely was a isk for floyd? how do u say bradley was a risk for manny but hatton wasnt a risk for floyd. finally how the hell was morales 2 a risk??? if that fight was a risk then thats pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X