Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    Yea, they did, they were like "Mosley was running" and Clottey was scared to trade.
    wtf? but it is true Mosley was running he ran so fast he got damn blood blisters on his feet.

and Clottey was scared to trade, are you seriously blind? did you watch either fight?

Clottey covered up and tried to wait till Pacquiao got tired but he never did and he lost hte fight, typical Clottey style but the problem is Pacman never tired out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      Doesn't matter which side the reasoning is on, its clear ppl react just to react. Antonio Margarito a risky fight? Bull****. Things like that just shows me ppl are really fooled by the hype machines. U can't say Floyd looks for weaknesses and psst prime fighters and then ignore the fact that Manny fought both Morales and Cotto.at the lowest points in.their careers at the time. How do ppl rationalize their arguments? Seems more like a pathetic fan war to me
      Well, yeah. You've seen enough of these threads to know that's what every thread mentioning these two turns into.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
        wtf? but it is true Mosley was running he ran so fast he got damn blood blisters on his feet.

and Clottey was scared to trade, are you seriously blind? did you watch either fight?

Clottey covered up and tried to wait till Pacquiao got tired but he never did and he lost hte fight, typical Clottey style but the problem is Pacman never tired out.
        It's funny they called that movements what molsey did in the PAC fight.
        Mosley was scared to trade, ran most of the time. Even in between rounds in Mosley's corner Richardson was even urging and begging Shane to let it go and start throwing.

Comment

• i really dont see how diego,barrera and morales are risks for floyd and manny unless your thinking they were in the same position they are now back then if u do your wrong.

diego was a way more known fighter and more popular it would be ******ed for floyd to turn down that fight,i bet he got his biggest payday up till that point.

same for manny vs barrera and morales how are fighting these two guys risks?

unless your hamed at the time neither one was looking like them former selves had been in wars and brought a big following to the smaller division i just dont understand the risks.

manny and floyd both took risks fighting oscar because of the weight though.

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
            its not really stupid especially if you watched the sparring sessions with omar henry which looked very similar to the cotto fight and we have seen floyd in the past fight his opponents fight and still win.when pacquiao looked bad against mosley did the pac fans just except it as is or did they put most of it on mosley by saying mosley was running and what about that clottey fight?
            I don't understand how PAC looked bad against Mosley when PAC won every round *scratches head* and the same goes for the clottey fight *scratches nutts now*

Comment

• Manny took more risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
                It's funny they called that movements what molsey did in the PAC fight.
                Mosley was scared to trade, ran most of the time. Even in between rounds in Mosley's corner Richardson was even urging and begging Shane to let it go and start throwing.
                I remember Shane crying stop the fight i can't move!

Yeah, they called it a boxing lesson or ring generalship lol, these guys are a bunch of idiots, they are doing the same crap to Nonito Donaire now, they said he was expsoed by Mathebula who basically copied Shane Mosley but threw some pity pat punches while running back, while Mosley didn't throw jack.

They never want to give credit to Pacquao, a real fan would say that boy is a beast he put fear in those guys, instead they say he was exposed or schooled.

yeah schooled by guys who were scared to exchanged, I also like how they blame Pac for not finishing Bradley, when in reality all blame should go to Bradley for not finishing Pacquiao, the young cub has to finish that old lion off, thats how you pass the torch.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Corrales - Mayweather was the underdog
                  Hernandez 130 Lineal champ
                  Castillo x2 @ 135 while being the Ring champ
                  De La Hoya @ 154
                  Mosley
                  Cotto #1 ranked 154 fighter
                  Ortiz #3 WW while coming off 16 months without a fight
                  Baldomir touted as a "legit WW risk" by HBO commentators, Brian Kenny and fans of that time
                  Marquez while coming off a 2 year lay off
                  Chavez
                  Corley

Marquez I, and IV - The rematch was not a risky fight, it was seen as a vastly improved Pacquiao vs an aging Marquez. 4 years passed since the first one, and Team Pacquiao thought they would get an old Marquez. Same with the third fight.
                  Ledwaba
                  Sanchez - Risky fight against a tough, dirty journeyman who only had 1 KO loss and had gone 36 rounds with Marquez, Norwood, and Barrera.
                  Barrera 2003 - Pacquiao was the underdog
                  Morales I
                  De La Hoya
                  Hatton
                  Cotto
                  Clottey
                  Bradley
                  Solis

Total: 12 risky fights for each [IMO]. It's a tie.

Any one saying Pacquiao "By a mile", is a stupid boxing fan who knows nothing about risk.

funny how this was ignored

Comment

• It’s hard to answer this because it’s not the same for both fighters; a risk is someone that might beat you...
                    Let’s be real, who do we/people think can actually beat Floyd?
                    90% of the time that answer will be no one, so I don’t think it’s the same when you’re talking about risks. You can say what solid challenges has he taken... but to speak of risks when you’re talking about probably the most skilled boxer of all time... it’s always going to be an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      since Manny got some name NO and I wouldnt say DLH is risky fight for any one considering the Money involved but still I give Pacquiao the DLH as risk since he skipped 140 but fighting Morales both times wasn't risky almost a cherry pick and it back fired same with MAB II Diaz Hatton Cotto Margarito and Mosley

Manny hasn't fought #1 guy in division in his normal weight since 126
                      So who was #1 at 130 and 140?

Comment

Working...
                      X