Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Thompson: David Price, The Perfect Fight For Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how hard I try, I cannot get excited about this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
      No matter how hard I try, I cannot get excited about this fight.
      How we feel about every Klitschko fight. At least Price will take him out in the early rounds and not bore everyone to death before taking him out in the 10th or 6th.

Comment

I hope Thompson does come to fight and tests Price.

all these quick ko's aren't teaching him anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
          How we feel about every Klitschko fight. At least Price will take him out in the early rounds and not bore everyone to death before taking him out in the 10th or 6th.
          We'll see about that.
          Nice sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            Yes I would love to take points from you. I'll put up 100 million points to your 25 million?
            It's a bet...

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              We'll see about that.
              Nice sig.
              Haha. I know - I have to remind you guys that Wladimir wasn't always as good as he is now!

Comment

Good matchmaking by team Price. He gets a chance to do a better job on Thompson than Wvlad could do in two fights and he probably will when you consider Tony will be less up for this fight.

Only problem is this is the 3rd guy in a row that Price is facing who is in his 40's after this fight Price has to fight a guy who is atleast in his 30s or preferably 20's. The only 40 + guy he can get away with fighting is Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
                  Good matchmaking by team Price. He gets a chance to do a better job on Thompson than Wvlad could do in two fights and he probably will when you consider Tony will be less up for this fight.

Only problem is this is the 3rd guy in a row that Price is facing who is in his 40's after this fight Price has to fight a guy who is atleast in his 30s or preferably 20's. The only 40 + guy he can get away with fighting is Vitali.
                  Of course it's true but looking at it from Price's point of view, Audley Harrison is a top 10 HW in britain. Would you agree? Somewhere around 6-7 imo. Skelton was a mandatory, if he didn't fight him he would have to give up the belt. But he fought his mandatory like a true champion should do (no dissing Fury of course) and now he has the chance to face the possibly best or at least top 3 American HW who just challenged for the unified HW championship of the world in his last fight. Obviously, as you say after this fight we need to see him with some live opponents. But it will be interesting to hear Thompsons comparisons between Price's power and Wlad's power after he's been flattened.

Comment

Thomson is not much of a test any more. He was picked for a reason, but really, there isn't much out there. Price is on top already.

Comment

Working...
                    X