• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
    Burgos must be apocalypto or Rizo.
    And Rocky must be an alien. Ugly SOB.

Comment

Props to Rocky for fighting like a warrior but dude lost clearly. I don't see a rematch happening, Rocky knew he got a gift thanks to the judges. But that's boxing for ya. Shit like this is what makes boxers less likely to go to other people's back yard and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
        lol............

Comment

[QUOTE=whitealltrac;12949418]
          Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          Two champs? Danny is not rican and he is not recognize here as one. And Rocky has no following here, stop that non sense. Guys like Chelo and Pin Cotto have more followers than Rocky does.

I see Danny Garcia is Gringo right??? You are natural to where your parents are from! Danny's parrents are Puerto Rican and so is he!

My Daughter was born and raised here in Pennsylvania does that make her non Puertorican?? GTFO!
          Weather you like it or not there are more Puertoricans borned or living here in the states than in PR. Just because they were not raised at the island it dont mean they are less Puertorican than you or me.

You may not like Rocky, the rest of us do and we can single you out.

Again and again I think Burgos won by split decision.
          This may be a topic for another board, but if you're born here and raised here, you're American. Otherwise the "white" people in America would still be Germans, Italians, Polish, French, etc etc cause they all immigrated here. I was fortunate enough to be born on the island and move here to PA also. It's not just having the blood in you, it's about culture and upbringing. Garcia is clearly American. I live in Philly now and it's absolutely NOTHING like Puerto Rico. The food, the culture, music, everything is different. It's not just where your parents are from. Also why do you think kids to illegal immigrants are able to stay here? Cause they're considered American. Danny is Puerto Rican-American, NOT Puerto Rican. Still like him though.

Anyway back to Martinez/Burgos. It was clearly a gift. Props to both men for putting on a great fight but I feel Burgos clearly should've gotten the nod, no questions asked. If you had it any different you don't know how to score a fight.

Comment

Burgos won that fight easily man Martinez got a gift big time don't know what the judges were thinking but you know what nothing surprises me about scoring these days that whole thing about NYC. might have had something to do with it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
              Are you an alt?

Anyway, I thought you knew, Rocky is the son of a Doom Revenant who, after getting his ass handed to him in Mars formed part of the Earth expedition the demon-aliens had over here by Doom 2. He somehow survived the lone space marine' s destruction of the aliens and moved to Puerto Rico, falling in love with our culture which lead to him staying here. My father personally met him, just before he died at the hands of the marine who found him and destroyed him. Here's a pic of him in the 90's:

Rocky is his son thats why he can take an enormous amount of punishment even to the body. Rest in peace Revenant "El Flaco" Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                I think Rocky would've won with the point taken off or not. Close fight but he won it. But yea very competitive fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Rocky lost both fights I had Beltran winning by 2 points, and Burgos by at least 3. Rocky is an all heart all guts type of fighter but you don't win fights with just those two qualities.

Comment

What makes this guy think the judges give 2 ****s about Puerto Rico???? They made a poor decision in scoring some of the rounds and that is what led to the draw. Not because they want Puerto Rico to have a champion. What a moron. Lol.

Comment

rematch should be in vegas

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                      Burgos must be apocalypto or Rizo.
                      And you must be mad bc burgos not only raped martinez but he owned puerto rico with them words hopkins style

Comment

Working...
                      X