Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero retweets article of him not getting the Floyd Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure hope its not canelo I was saving up to go see them should the boxing gods let them met in sept >.< would be a real bummer if it happens on may but will still watch

mayweather in another UD canelo will do good for 5 rounds then after that mayweather starts picking his shots and experience comes into play getting a close UD..

Comment

You know what's funny, the same people who are saying that Floyd is ducking Guererro are going to be the same people who are going to discredit the fight in the coming months...

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        I just don't see why people think Floyd-Trout should, would, or could happen. Trout is good, I'm a fan. But the chances that happens are remote, I mean MAYWEATHER VS TROUT??? That's doing zero business....

Guerrero or Bradley are both solid options at 147.
        Show me this big difference in PPV buys that Guerrero or Bradley will bring in over Trout. PBF vs Guerrero is not a good fight. I really fail to understand how people see this as a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
          Show me this big difference in PPV buys that Guerrero or Bradley will bring in over Trout. PBF vs Guerrero is not a good fight. I really fail to understand how people see this as a good fight.
          It's not about fighting rank and how good a fighter is, race is what Mayweather targets.

He knows that Mexicans, which to me seems to be boxings BIGGEST population of fans would order the fight just to support Guerrero.
          As Jack Johnson once said, racist don't want to see 2 black guys beat up on eachother.

Comment

Since when is fighting the top ranked fighters around your weight not legit fights???

I think more people know Bradley than Trout to be honest. And that's saying something, because not many know Bradley. Besides, you really think Haymon is going to match Floyd with Trout???

He doesn't match his fighters up too often.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              It's not about fighting rank and how good a fighter is, race is what Mayweather targets.

He knows that Mexicans, which to me seems to be boxings BIGGEST population of fans would order the fight just to support Guerrero.
              As Jack Johnson once said, racist don't want to see 2 black guys beat up on eachother.
              Mayweather targets money and if a black fighter would bring him the most money that is who he would fight. I just don't agree with that all big fights seem to be in Vegas Mexicans are the majority in that part of the country that is why it looks that way. PPV buys IMO don't really reflect that. I would bet all my points if Canelo headlined his own PPV the numbers would be very low. All races buy PPV's in good numbers. Chavez Jr ppv numbers were not that high so what happened to all the Mexicans that buy ppv then? I agree they support their fellow countrymen like no other but its a falsehood to me that they drive up ppv numbers to high amounts.

Comment

Since when is fighting the top ranked fighters around your weight not legit fights???

I think more people know Bradley than Trout to be honest. And that's saying something, because not many know Bradley. Besides, you really think Haymon is going to match Floyd with Trout???

Sense boxing became a fanboy type sport, where people choose who to like and who not and pretend to not know any better.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                  Mayweather targets money and if a black fighter would bring him the most money that is who he would fight. I just don't agree with that all big fights seem to be in Vegas Mexicans are the majority in that part of the country that is why it looks that way. PPV buys IMO don't really reflect that. I would bet all my points if Canelo headlined his own PPV the numbers would be very low. All races buy PPV's in good numbers. Chavez Jr ppv numbers were not that high so what happened to all the Mexicans that buy ppv then? I agree they support their fellow countrymen like no other but its a falsehood to me that they drive up ppv numbers to high amounts.
                  Yea and it just happens that %99 of the time another race of fighter brings him the big money...sorry just how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    You call Cotto a poor win and that he was overrated but then point out Guerrero is coming off two goods, one of which was Andre Berto. That's certainly a headscratcher.

Trout is a much better fight than Guerrero. Bradley would be the best too. Honestly, Guererro is the worst option imo. Mayweather would stop him around round 4 or 5.

I didnt call cotto a poor win. I said trout beat a past prime coming off a loss cotto. Still an ok win, but nothing mind blowing.

Guerrero is coming of two good wins, and has shown he has the balls and determination to give anyone a good fight.

Comment

Its a sh!+ fight cause rankings don't always tell the whole story. Notre Dame was just ranked #1 in college football and got embrassed in the national title game.
                      This Haymon stuff you talking now was not what you posted in what I replied to. You said PBF vs Trout does no business. So what more people know Bradley than Trout its not that many more so like I said earlier there is not big difference in the amount of PPV buys regardless of who PBF fights. Whether its Trout, Bradley or Guerrero and out those names Trout is the best fight competition wise. I'm talking competition not rankings or business. Cause from a business standpoint the difference in PPV buys between those 3 vs PBF would be less than 50K.

Comment

Working...
                      X