No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Opponent Selected, Announcement Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
    so let me get this strait the same people calling for pacman to fight a 80 yr old marquez a 5th time tell mayweather not to pick an old guy like shane mosley.
    You really don't understand anything about momentum. So Mosley announces retirement after losing how many fights in a row and JMM just had a sensational win and has been performing fantastically and you think they are the same?? Pull your fuking head out of your a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
      Floyd held both WBC 147 and 154 titles after the DLH fight. Hatton had some ****ty a$$ IBO 140 strap that he took off a long-gone JLC. No reason to go to 140. Besides Hatton already moved up to 147 the year before and won the WBA 147 belt off Collazo.

I don't think Floyd "'couldn't" make the CW for Marquez. I think he didn't care and knew the fight would go on regardless. ****ty move on his part, even if it was a tune-up and nobody expected anything less than a domination.
      Actually the late Bert Sugar when asked about who would win stated; "I think there's a heckuva chance for an upset here. Marquez is no tune up. This is one of the toughest fights Mayweather could have taken, even without the 21 month layoff. I see a very two sided fight that couuld go Marquez's way. If push comes to shove, in terms of a choice I have to make, I now have this fight in my mind's eye, I think Marquez could win a decision. That's why this makes for an intriguing and exciting fight."

He also made it a point to bring up the "the size differential, but not the weight." Weight was not the issue here. As we all wintnessed an even older JMM at WW in 2011 and 2012.

Sugar also talked about the historical significance of Mayweather and Marquez, and how one of them can earn the kind of victory that would make history. "Well, they're great fighters within the welterweight division, which is one of the great divisions historically in boxing. That said, when you talk about the welterweight division, you start with Sugar Ray Robinson, and then you go down to Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, Kid Gavilan, Carmen Basilio. What this fight can do is place one of them into that pantheon of welterweight greats. We're certainly looking at two of today's greats, and in order for me to place them into the greatest of all time, I'll first need to see them on Saturday night"

Btw, Bert also picked 5-time Champ Shane Mosley (who was "too good" for Pac) to beat Floyd as well.

http://www.aolnews.com/2009/09/17/be...y-classic-win/

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ith-bert-sugar
      Last edited by WESS; 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        whats age got to do with things? I know youre a little slow so i will help teach you. Age is only a factor if the fighter shows signs of slowing down. So when 40 year old JMM declines let me know!
        So when Mayweather fought Mosley, De La Hoya he gets full credit for that then doesn't he? So where is the cherrypicking? Mosley got done DESTROYING Maragritto before that fight.

So if Marquez age isn't a factor which he is the oldest out of them all, than neither are the guys that Mayweather fought when he beat them. And Mayweather dominated a 3 year younger version of Marquez. Like I said so since age isn't a factor where did Floyd cherry pick?? I am listening

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          You really don't understand anything about momentum. So Mosley announces retirement after losing how many fights in a row and JMM just had a sensational win and has been performing fantastically and you think they are the same?? Pull your fuking head out of your a$$.
          Quit acting stupid he is talking about when Floyd fought Shane after he was coming off of his dominating victory over Margaritto! Everybody was saying Floyd was scared of Shane. Then when Floyd dominated Shane they started using age as an excuse when Floyd won! That's haters for you.

So Floyd was 33 when he fought Mosley, and Shane was 38! Floyd straight dominated.

Pac was 33 when he fought Marquez, and Marquez was 39, he put Pac to sleep, left him snoring all that. So if people use age as an excuse why Floyd is always winning what does that say about Pac losing to a guy that is pushing 40 excuse me getting slept by a guy that is pushing 40?

Comment

should be canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Guerrero it is.
              But I thought that was just a rumor?

Comment

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
                Serious!! As the Mayweather's would say " You don't know ****" Sharmba, please may beat him from post to post. You do know Ortiz was a southpaw, Del La Hoya and Cotto both were converted southpaws. Mayweather hasn't been touch no more or no less from righty to lefty. Guerrero is going to be easy. Oh, by the way I'm in love with boxing not fighters
                Doubt you love boxing more than me been following it since Duran beat Leonard in 80, I talked to Roger and Boza Edwards at the FLoyd Cotto fight in the MGM, Yeah Floyd beat the tar out of those guys but theyall stunned him, you can count on 1 hand how many times hes been hurt by a righthanded fighters(Matter of fact the only righthanded fighter that hurt him was Mosley) he can feel the punches coming from that direction better yeah he beat up ortiz but Ortiz did land on Floyd, Why do you think he was in the corner smiling, Floyd has gotten better with southpaws, but if he didnt have trouble with them Floyd senior would not have asked Roger to keep him away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Does it take this long to cherry pick an opponent? :ANYWORD:
                  It's taking about as long as it took Manny Pacquiao to wake up from that Marquez punch....and the only problem is that Manny can't even beat his cherry picked opponents (Bradley & JMM)

Comment

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
                    Serious!! As the Mayweather's would say " You don't know ****" Sharmba, please may beat him from post to post. You do know Ortiz was a southpaw, Del La Hoya and Cotto both were converted southpaws. Mayweather hasn't been touch no more or no less from righty to lefty. Guerrero is going to be easy. Oh, by the way I'm in love with boxing not fighters
                    Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                    Lol, I actually think that its a good chance it is Bradley or Marquez.
                    But we will see
                    proof from Roger that Floyd struggled with Southpaws
                    http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...loyd-sr-and-jr

Comment

Originally posted by Ericd314 View Post
                      It's taking about as long as it took Manny Pacquiao to wake up from that Marquez punch....and the only problem is that Manny can't even beat his cherry picked opponents (Bradley & JMM)
                      This cracked me up hahaha.

Comment

Working...
                      X