No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Opponent Selected, Announcement Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    So where is the announcement? Floyd is a joke and the world knows it at this point. These big "hold your breath for it" announcements don't make a bit of difference as there are only like 2 or 3 acceptable opponents for Floyd to fight and he will make up some excuse to try and weasel out of all of them.

Just hang em up Floyd.......no one is going to buy your PPV - your time to shine is done son. You could have been the greatest ever.......but you don't care about legacy so the real fans don't care about you.
    Guerrero and Bradley are the most legit right now for Floyd to take. Trout too, but anyone thinking that fight has the slightest chance of happening or that it should 100% are really kidding themselves.

Guerrero and Bradley would both be solid wins. Canelo needs to fight Trout.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Guerrero and Bradley are the most legit right now for Floyd to take. Trout too, but anyone thinking that fight has the slightest chance of happening or that it should 100% are really kidding themselves.

Guerrero and Bradley would both be solid wins. Canelo needs to fight Trout.
      Well see you don't understand how this works do you?????
      Guerrero and Bradley are legit fights for everyone else, when it comes to Mayweather its called cherry picking.

Comment

• It'll be Guerrero and that will suck. Floyd's comeback is a complete stuttering waste, I mean seriously, Guerrero at this stage of his career and he will still want to charge the earth to watch it. The closest he has come to a decent opponent is Cotto and he was well past his sell by date. Absolute shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
          So where is the announcement? Floyd is a joke and the world knows it at this point. These big "hold your breath for it" announcements don't make a bit of difference as there are only like 2 or 3 acceptable opponents for Floyd to fight and he will make up some excuse to try and weasel out of all of them.

Just hang em up Floyd.......no one is going to buy your PPV - your time to shine is done son. You could have been the greatest ever.......but you don't care about legacy so the real fans don't care about you.

Comment

• lol at the pac (tell me who Floyd is going to fight or I will cry and troll more) fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
              lol at the pac (tell me who Floyd is going to fight or I will cry and troll more) fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dnash1911 View Post
                Ita not a myth that Floyd has trouble with Soutpaws, Chop Chop, Zab, Sharmba have all touched Floyd and they all were southpaws
                I know floyd is good n has great defense...but damn he not suppose to get touched? lol its a fight for crying out loud... Robert touches floyd some big whip at the end of the night it will still be like 9rds to 3... floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by McAlister View Post
                  I know floyd is good n has great defense...but damn he not suppose to get touched? lol its a fight for crying out loud... Robert touches floyd some big whip at the end of the night it will still be like 9rds to 3... floyd
                  By touch I mean dazed or stunned him, obviously I don't mean just physically touch, Guerrero has work rate to make it interesting doesn't hurt that he's a lefty and Floyd is closer to 40 than he is to 30

Comment

• Did Floyd cherry pick his opponent a year ago, has trained a year to face him, and now his opponent just realized along with the rest of us that he is the chosen one.

So Floyd has got a head start in the training stakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                      Well see you don't understand how this works do you?????
                      Guerrero and Bradley are legit fights for everyone else, when it comes to Mayweather its called cherry picking.
                      Well cos Floyd fights less than his peers, therefore does less, people expect a little more from Floyd im afraid, thats the trade off for Floyd.
                      Hes going to fight Guerrero, so what? He should be fighting Guerrero types 2 to 3 times a year, not once.

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      It'll be Guerrero and that will suck. Floyd's comeback is a complete stuttering waste, I mean seriously, Guerrero at this stage of his career and he will still want to charge the earth to watch it. The closest he has come to a decent opponent is Cotto and he was well past his sell by date. Absolute shite.
                      Floyds announcements usually are anti climatic, especially after the drum roll Floyd expects from his long awaited announcements. People are left deflated by Floyd. Floyd needs to prove and justify his best fighter in the world tag and justify it is a deserved tag by fighting Sergio martinez at 160 and coming in at 155 or 156.
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 01-24-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X