No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    Wlad can get mashed by a semi decent boxer with height and power so Ali is going to brutally stop him.

tbh if they were contemporaries then Wlad would need to get in line behind more capable fighters from the 60s and 70s before getting brutally KOed. Wlad would have made a good European champion perhaps in Ali's time.
    This post is not based on careful observation, but mere wishful thinking with personal bias attached.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
      Ali sets a blistering pace from the opening bell, tiring Wlad out while pummeling him for about 8 rounds and then knocks him the **** out.

Just

that

Assuming we're talking about Prime Wlad Klitschko, you know the one who was better schooled post-Brewster and Sanders - that Wlad will conserve his energy as per usual. The only one wasting energy would be Ali, having to extend his jab out even more in order to hit a 6'6 target who isn't stationary himself either.

Comment

Wlad has never seen anything like Ali. Ali would destroy this dude. Too fast with his hands and feet. I would actually liken this to Marquez/Mayweather. Everyone thinks Wlad can make it a fight and come up with an upset and but once they get in the ring Ali is just too fast. I don't know if Wlad would be quick enough to hit Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Money&TheProbem View Post
          Wlad has never seen anything like Ali. Ali would destroy this dude. Too fast with his hands and feet. I would actually liken this to Marquez/Mayweather. Everyone thinks Wlad can make it a fight and come up with an upset and but once they get in the ring Ali is just too fast. I don't know if Wlad would be quick enough to hit Ali.

You made a good point but in the opposite direction. Ali is the smaller guy like Marques was.

And if we've learned anything from the current, prime Wlad is that it's not just his height that is winning him all these fights so easily, it's his skill as well. If being 6'6 was all there is to it, then all the tall guys would be dominating.

I will however concede that stylistically, whenever Wlad or Vitali are in a fantasy match up against greats of the past, Ali was always the toughest to think about since he moved the way most heavyweights don't. But that goes both ways. Ali hasn't seen Wlad either. He may have fought guys that tall, but not quite the same.

Comment

Ali was capable of throwing bodyshots:

In short, everyone's got a style. And most of the guys who are very adjustable as far as ranges, paces, etc, are also usually not truly masterful with one the way Ali was with his.

I think Ali utilized his advantages to the fullest.

Comment

Please, Ali got outboxed by Ken Norton a million times. Prime, Manny-trained Wladimir *****slaps him back to Louisville. Ali was also very susceptible to the left hook, and Wladimir has a deadly hook. I see Ali getting outboxed then out of frustration, laying on the rope like a dumbass and get potshotted to death.

Wladimir TKO 11 Ali

Comment

Ali. Easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                  Please, Ali got outboxed by Ken Norton a million times. Prime, Manny-trained Wladimir *****slaps him back to Louisville.
                  Wladimir can use the Archie Moore crab style defence like when he used it on Corrie Sanders.

Last edited by damuttz112; 01-24-2013, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                    Wladimir can use the Archie Moore crab style defence like when he used it on Corrie Sanders.

He might if Ali was a southpaw with speed + one-punch KO power like Corrie Sanders.

But he wasn't.

Comment

Lol @ people here acting as if Ali didn't have flaws. Nigga fought with hands at his waist, lost to a one-handed brute Joe Frazier, and nearly got decapitated by Sir Henry Cooper.

Comment

Working...
                      X