Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever stepped inside a boxing ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also you sound like an acid head boxing fan

Comment

Never stepped into an official ring, but when I was around 9yrs old my uncle use to make me fight the older neighborhood kids all the time with boxing gloves. Those kids were always older than me like 12 to 16 yr old.

My uncle made lots of $ betting on me with his homies. I only lost once I believe. I remember this one time when I was beating this one dude and his family came out the house and chased me down the street, his aunt and sisters.

Good times.

Comment

Yes. 1-3 amateur record, I'm a assistant trainer for the Lock Haven Boxing Team now.

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
          Never stepped into an official ring, but when I was around 9yrs old my uncle use to make me fight the older neighborhood kids all the time with boxing gloves. Those kids were always older than me like 12 to 16 yr old.

My uncle made lots of $ betting on me with his homies. I only lost once I believe. I remember this one time when I was beating this one dude and his family came out the house and chased me down the street, his aunt and sisters.

Good times.

must be a weak ass neighbor hood if a 9 year old is whooping on some 16 year olds.

Comment

yea i was 2-3 my cardio was terrible i just think if i used steroids i would have at least been 4-1 but really tho

i have the utmost respect for all these pro boxers its one of the hardest sports to be good at, so physically demanding good luck to anyone who choses this as a profession, i still sparr but cant go past 3 rounds due to exaustion...

im typing this from work.... at a desk

jt

Comment

I only boxed my friends as teenagers. We never hit in the face, so it wasn't real. All I know is it was very tiring.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                must be a weak ass neighbor hood if a 9 year old is whooping on some 16 year olds.
                I don't buy it either.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  I might be exaggerating, they were probably closer to 12 yrs old.

I was pretty big/tall for my age. That helped as well.
                  Last edited by fceeviper; 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I use to train & spar as a kid. Had a few fights while I was in the ARMY.

Now I just use it for a work out. Hit my bags, shadow box, run, lift ect.

Comment

Originally posted by luke1979 View Post
                      If that is what you believe then good luck to you but please respect that there are those who believe otherwise, those who speak from their benefit of actual experience. And their opinions, just like yours should not be dismissed regardless of the site they are posting on.
                      Oh and I for one don't agree that they or anyone should keep their experiences, thoughts and opinions about boxing to themselves. Particularly given that that is the point of this thread.

Thankyou for your views in any case.
                      Haha ... He's being sarcastic mate.

Rock'in is one of the most experienced / accomplished boxers (or rather ex boxer) on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X