No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
    It's not that Canelo is needed...a good under-card is needed if Floyd is going to keep cherry picking opponents. Fans know a Guerrero fight is a cherry pick (except for Flamers). You need a solid undercard in order to sell this mess. Many will pay to say Mayweather fight but it will not sell very well because the desire to see Mayweather fight a natural lightweight is just not there.
    I agree. It takes an undercard to help sell.

If lil wayne has a concert with currensy as anopening act. Is there some one there just to see currency, yes. Did he sell 20, 000 out of 50, 000 seats no.

Do the mexicans help, yes. Are they adding 2-3-400k? I doubt it.

Margarito vs Garcia 12k sales
    Morales vs Barrera 296k sales

Your telling me canelo brings in 300k by himself? I say your ****ing crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordank
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeznuts

It's not that Canelo is needed...a good under-card is needed if Floyd is going to keep cherry picking opponents. Fans know a Guerrero fight is a cherry pick (except for Flamers). You need a solid undercard in order to sell this mess. Many will pay to say Mayweather fight but it will not sell very well because the desire to see Mayweather fight a natural lightweight is just not there.

I agree. It takes an undercard to help sell.

If lil wayne has a concert with currensy as anopening act. Is there some one there just to see currency, yes. Did he sell 20, 000 out of 50, 000 seats no.

Do the mexicans help, yes. Are they adding 2-3-400k? I doubt it.

Margarito vs Garcia 12k sales
      Morales vs Barrera 296k sales

Your telling me canelo brings in 300k by himself? I say your ****ing crazy.

Floyd Judah 350,000
      DLH Floyd 2,400,000

tell me about it. spin it so you can say these numbers are because of Floyd while at the same time saying Mexican opponents aren't part of he reason for floyds numbers.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
        so then oscar de la hoya is solely responsible for 2.4 Milly ppv right?

dlh is the attraction in that fight, not Floyd. floyds previous best before that was less than 400,000. "you sound like a f$$%#@ idiot".

I said when Two mexicans headline it flops. And forget the fact that oscar IS american. Fought for the USA TEAM. has strong usa following. So lets leave him out of it.

Comment

• What was Oscar #'s JCC; but he did a mil + buys vs Hopkins,De La Hoya and Trinidad and Manny

Comment

Floyd Judah 350,000
            DLH Floyd 2,400,000

tell me about it. spin it so you can say these numbers are because of Floyd while at the same time saying Mexican opponents aren't part of he reason for floyds numbers.

Two decent americans-350k
            Two mexican legends- 296k

Your proving my point for me. And we all know more non mexican boxing fans bought the morales fight, then mexicans bought the floyd v judah fight.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCa$hCanelo

Floyd Judah 350,000
              DLH Floyd 2,400,000

Two decent americans-350k
              Two mexican legends- 296k

Your proving my point for me. And we all know more non mexican boxing fans bought the morales fight, then mexicans bought the floyd v judah fight.
              actually you're sidestepping. but keep on. you're doing a fine job of making as ass out of yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                What was Oscar #'s JCC; but he did a mil + buys vs Hopkins,De La Hoya and Trinidad and Manny
                They dont understand facts and numbers. Only speculation and hatred.

Comment

actually you're sidestepping. but keep on. you're doing a fine job of making as ass out of yourself.

Sorry my man but numbers dont lie. cotto, mayweather, and pacquiao are the biggest ppv draws. Hell even juanma's next fight is going to be on ppv. I beat JCCjrs isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordank View Post
                    Sorry my man but numbers dont lie. cotto, mayweather, and pacquiao are the biggest ppv draws. Hell even juanma's next fight is going to be on ppv. I beat JCCjrs isn't.
                    Jr. and Canelo need a Delahoya fight if they want that 1 mil ppv status.
                    1 win over Delahoya and you're golden.

Jr. is right on track as to where Mayweather was when he was starting out on ppv, i think Jr. even out sold him vs. Floyds first ppv. But, you can't compare the skill level of Mayweather and Jr., so i don't expect Jr's ppv to take off because people still want to see a winner. Lets not forget Jr. and May, share "very" similar paths, not ironic since both have had Arum guide there careers. One "big" difference in Jr. and Maywether in there early careers, Jr. outsold Mayweather in there early careers by a milestone.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc3383

What was Oscar #'s JCC; but he did a mil + buys vs Hopkins,De La Hoya and Trinidad and Manny

They dont understand facts and numbers. Only speculation and hatred.
                      facts and numbers?

dlh did one mil without a 24/7.

has Floyd?

Comment

Working...
                      X