Collapse
No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You talk about Mexicans buying PPV. I bet a lot Italians, South American, Central American, Puerto Rican, British, etc buy ppv. I bought some ppv that do not include Puerto Ricans in the card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
      What their Saying is Floyd needs help to get those numbers. If its not true then why does Floyd always fight during a Mexican celebration day and with a Mexican oppenent? Floyd needs to do this in order to get huge numbers. If Floyd was truely the draw and ppv king he wouldn't need to do that. If he was the king he would fight in feb in a different state and still break records then that's when I'll admit he's the ppv king.
      If that's the case why hasn't Canelo headlined one a PPV or how about Victor Ortiz. It's called smart business to fight on those weekends.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        If that's the case why hasn't Canelo headlined one a PPV or how about Victor Ortiz. It's called smart business to fight on those weekends.
        I said Floyd needs help from them. Not saying canelo is the draw here. If Floyd can get huge numbers regardless then why does he need to fight during a Mexican Holliday and with a Mexican opponent? Answer that for me. It's called smart business? There's plenty of other "holidays". Why fight on a Mexican holiday and with a Mexican opponent? Because that's what's gonna help with the numbers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Lets see Margarito sell 1 mil ppv's on the day Sam Houston annexed Texas into our union.
          Margarito did headline a ppv, his come back. It sold 12, 000 units. All mexicans!

Comment

I said Floyd needs help from them. Not saying canelo is the draw here. If Floyd can get huge numbers regardless then why does he need to fight during a Mexican Holliday and with a Mexican opponent? Answer that for me. It's called smart business? There's plenty of other "holidays". Why fight on a Mexican holiday and with a Mexican opponent? Because that's what's gonna help with the numbers!
            I know they contribute a little. But its funny how mexicans only buy ppvs when mayweathers on them. Margarito by him self 12k, Jccjr 475k. Every other mexicans free on telemundo. But when mayweather fights they all buy it to see boxing just cause.

Comment

• i think GBP/floyd does a GREAT job of hyping the event. GBP stacks the undercards most of the time... and with floyd causing controversy 99% of the time, they guarantee a successful promotion.

TR always seems to be stingy with the undercards... they focus on the main event with little supporting undercards, i havent paid for a TR promotion in a while. just not worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordank View Post
                I know they contribute a little. But its funny how mexicans only buy ppvs when mayweathers on them. Margarito by him self 12k, Jccjr 475k. Every other mexicans free on telemundo. But when mayweather fights they all buy it to see boxing just cause.
                Umm maybe they buy it because Floyd happens to be fighting one of their country men and also on a day where they celebrate? U don't think this plays a big part in Floyd making huge numbers? Lets see Floyd fight Someone that's not Mexican in March, do u think his numbers will be high still? I think not.

Comment

Lets go down the list; A Christmas fight I doubt that would work; lets try Thanksgiving humm seems like a interesting thought nah. Halloween that might work but parents might be busy trick or treating. Easter next idea; so why not fight on traditonal big fight weekends it only makes sense you will fight on a day that will make make you the most revunue and if that was the day 2pac died he would fight day it just happens to Mexican holidays.

Comment

Umm maybe they buy it because Floyd happens to be fighting one of their country men and also on a day where they celebrate? U don't think this plays a big part in Floyd making huge numbers? Lets see Floyd fight Someone that's not Mexican in March, do u think his numbers will be high still? I think not.
                    But you don't really know do you? Second, isn't what Floyd is doing smart? Of course not. If you can knock Floyd, knockem. Even if you don't have a point, knockem anyway right?

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                      Lets go down the list; A Christmas fight I doubt that would work; lets try Thanksgiving humm seems like a interesting thought nah. Halloween that might work but parents might be busy trick or treating. Easter next idea; so why not fight on traditonal big fight weekends it only makes sense you will fight on a day that will make make you the most revunue and if that was the day 2pac died he would fight day it just happens to Mexican holidays.
                      So u just admit that Floyd needs to fight on a Mexican holiday in order to get those numbers lol!!! If he was the king he would fight in June and still make bank that's what u called the king. Nice try at trying to take full credit for Floyd lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X