No announcement yet.

Marquez Does not have place in ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    Do you think Floyd deserves a spot as an ATG?
    He toyed with marquez..if jmm deserves a spot than mayweather should be on the throne.

Comment

TS clearly has an agenda, this thread is just to spew hate and downplay Marquez for his idol. If you don't think Marquez is a HOF you clearly don't know much about boxing. I would not take anything he has to say seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Jaca, Juarez, Polo, Medina, Peden, Gainer, Norwood[robbed], Sanchez, Kokietgym.

Oh yeah, and he knocked out the "Fighter of The Decade" in 6 rounds, while being 40 years old and past his past best weight class[yes, I meant past his past]. He was already past hi best weight class at 135-140, he knocked knocked out Pacquiao at 147.
        of course, don't forget Robbie Peden and Turdsak

Comment

yes he does
          he didn't before Pac 4, but that win put him over
          the Barrera fight was a ripoff, judges did Barrera wrong
          JMM needed a win over an ATG to become one, and now he has it
          got tired of JMM pushing lies on people, no need for that anymore

Comment

I say hes borderline ATG, depends on what you consider ATG.

He has a good resume but he lost me after this Pacquiao fight when he ducked Rios to take on another "tune up" for a 5th fight with Pacquiao.

Id give him more respect if he retired now or just went straight into the 5th fight without a tuneup. Either way, he still lost me as a fan with this bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              I'll pretend you never posted this insult to the essence of boxing.
              Really, this tread should have ended right here. With Mathed preaching the gospel.

Comment

sure hofer but borderline atg. mab/em are still above him and they're probably in the lower ranks of an atg list, for anyone who have one.

Comment

marquez is a great fighter, but the skin on his body nowadays looks like the skin on michael buffers face

Comment

HOFer without a doubt and although I've never made a top 50, I'd have him in there at some point in the lower half. His career will always be defined by Pacquiao and he definitely lost the first fight (dumb as **** judging), lost the second in my eyes by a point or two but won the 3rd. He should have had the Barrera fight a lot earlier but he just wasn't a name when Barrera was at his peak. The fight in the end came too late and for me is almost irrelevant. What Marquez has is a string of good to very good fighters on his resume and a willingness to fight almost anyone. Couple that with a supreme technique and precision counter punching and you have one of the best fighters of my life time.

Comment

JMM boxes Pac's ears off...loses a bogus decision...
                      Pac fanatics have already long declared him GOAT...
                      An old ass lightweight KTFO pac...

JMM=ATG on his big win alone. Flash Elorde won one huge fight and he makes top 50s all the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X