Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley's Return Date and Opponent, Still Uknown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shame Bradley's been on ice for so long. He is 1 of the more promising young fighters out there. He got his belts (for the most part), earning his stripes against quality opponents. Boxing needs him back in the mix at 147.

Comment

If it's Floyd, I called it.

Dunkin is basically saying it's Gamboa in March, possibly at 140, or Floyd in May.

I'm hoping for Floyd-Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
        He was making more money before the Pac fight man. Get with the times man the money is in TV viewings. For all that exciting fighter **** you rios fans scream out HBO regards Bradley more highly and pays him more to show his fights on their network.
        I'm not a Rios fan at all. Actually, I borderline dislike him.

Bradley's career is further along than Rios's has been, period. That's why he's made a bit more money. If you think Bradley has more star potential than Rios, you're insane. He's a fighter who is a solid B+, has very good all around skills but is exceptional at virtually nothing.

Guys, Rios almost landed the Pacquiao fight. He'd show up, get lit up, but likely make it a more exciting fight than Bradley did. Like him or not, he'd gain fans, and everyone would be talking about how they want to see the guy who gives it his all again. And he'd also make a big payday.

Bradley's made progressively worse choices regarding his career. Now he's borderline inactive. Picking and choosing your fights and trying to be your own boss may work for FMJ, but it doesn't work for a guy who is not in demand and never really will be. I like the fighter, and I'd like to see him back in the mix. Pretending he's the next P4P bad boi is literally ridiculous and he needs to cut dat **** out.
        Last edited by samouraļ; 01-21-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post

Bradley's career is further along than Rios's has been, period. That's why he's made a bit more money. If you think Bradley has more star potential than Rios, you're insane. He's a fighter who is a solid B+, has very good all around skills but is exceptional at virtually nothing.

Guys, Rios almost landed the Pacquiao fight. He'd show up, get lit up, but likely make it a more exciting fight than Bradley did. Like him or not, he'd gain fans, and everyone would be talking about how they want to see the guy who gives it his all again. And he'd also make a big payday.

Bradley's made progressively worse choices regarding his career. Now he's borderline inactive. Picking and choosing your fights and trying to be your own boss may work for FMJ, but it doesn't work for a guy who is not in demand and never really will be. I like the fighter, and I'd like to see him back in the mix. Pretending he's the next P4P bad boi is literally ridiculous and he needs to cut dat **** out.
          So for all the excitement and electricity Rios generated in his last fight he is going to make more money than Bradley in their next fights right?

Comment

Bradley is getting screwed over at top rank bad and by his manager, why is he not getting a fight with Rios?

Regardless, golden boy, and rightfully so, is not going to let Floyd fight (let alone lose) to a top rank fighter, period

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post

Rios has the potential to lose a lot of big fights while Bradley has the ability and potential to win a lot of big fights against top notch opponents...Thus making him more relevant in the long run then Rios..I like Rios but I could see him losing to a lot of top level guys..Bradley being one of them..There is a reason why Rios is being moved how he's being while Bradley has taken way more risk with his career..

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                So for all the excitement and electricity Rios generated in his last fight he is going to make more money than Bradley in their next fights right?
                You're making a fallacious argument. Still, Rios is just starting to take off. Rios was about to land a fight with Pacquiao, and yes, I think after that fight he would have been more well-known than Bradley.

One guy won and everyone thinks he lost. One guy would lose but he'd gain fans for being "exciting" and showing a lot of heart, despite being a one-dimensional brawler with a reconfigured face.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Rios has the potential to lose a lot of big fights while Bradley has the ability and potential to win a lot of big fights against top notch opponents...Thus making him more relevant in the long run then Rios..I like Rios but I could see him losing to a lot of top level guys..Bradley being one of them..There is a reason why Rios is being moved how he's being while Bradley has taken way more risk with his career..
                  There certainly is a lot of risk - after all, Rios got dominated by a severely unknown lanky Cuban. And yes, Bradley does have more skill and likely could beat the wider range of opponents. That's why I wish he'd do what's best for his career and take a damned fight. He needs to be active, and he needs exposure. He's not as marketable as Rios. I think that's a fact, despite being more skilled. Bradley might be more marketable to boxing fans, but Rios is more marketable to the public.

The best thing he can do is go out there, be active, and dominate as much as he can. I don't believe he's going to be an elite level fighter, but who knows. He's still young. He can't afford to be sitting around waiting for the biggest payday.
                  Last edited by samouraļ; 01-21-2013, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyzz View Post
                    Bradley is getting screwed over at top rank bad and by his manager, why is he not getting a fight with Rios?

Regardless, golden boy, and rightfully so, is not going to let Floyd fight (let alone lose) to a top rank fighter, period
                    GBP has no say over what Mayweather does...If Mayweather wants Bradley,they will get it done if Bradley can get TR to get on board...

Comment

Bradley stay losing

Comment

Working...
                      X