Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignoring the headbutt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really really wanted to see how Mikey handled adversity since siri was clearly heating up. There were alot of questions about Mikey going in but we were robbed of the answers. Maybe next time.

Comment

Just like Margarito was making a comeback in the Cotto rematch before it was prematurely stopped, I'll just have to assume Salido was on his way to doing the same. We don't know because Mikey quit, and I'm a huge Mikey fan. Mikey was boxing him brilliantly though, but he was getting tagged towards the end before he quit. Upon learning that Salido also fought with a broken nose that night, it's safe to call Mikey a quitter.

Comment

Sure it was a lackluster ending with Robert Garica trying to stop the fight immediately as he stepped onto the canvas, but Mikey was winning big with the knockdowns. So, with or without the headbutt, Mikey would have won as long as he stayed on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
          I really really wanted to see how Mikey handled adversity since siri was clearly heating up. There were alot of questions about Mikey going in but we were robbed of the answers. Maybe next time.
          Salido robbed us all, including himself, of that opportunity. He new better than to lead in with his head like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            Salido robbed us all, including himself, of that opportunity. He new better than to lead in with his head like that.
            Salido should've been deducted a point or two but it was Robert who is to blame for the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
              Salido should've been deducted a point or two but it was Robert who is to blame for the outcome.
              Yeah, he was the one that made a big deal about it. I wish HBO would have stayed in Garcia's corner during that brake.

Comment

Yes, that's exactly why I was mad.

Mikey was about to face real adversity and instead the fight was ruined by Salido, R.Garcia and the doctor
                Last edited by LeG00N; 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Do we agree Salido was taking Garcia's shot better, getting stronger and getting to Garcia?

I really do felt he had 3 good rounds on the spin and the fight was brewing up really nicely, that is the main reason I was p1ssed about what happened.

Can we have an answer for this without the ''he was knocked down 4 times and wanting to quit so headbutt him''
                  Salido was doing better every round, but i don't see Siri winning either way, i saw some overhand rights, but they didn't land too clean.

In a rematch who knows, maybe Salido makes some minor adjustments and makes it a more competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                    Salido was doing better every round, but i don't see Siri winning either way, i saw some overhand rights, but they didn't land too clean.

In a rematch who knows, maybe Salido makes some minor adjustments and makes it a more competitive fight.
                    I think he will. He got dropped but not hurt one to many times and that can mess with your mind in that ring. Especially knowing how far behinf=d you must be on the cards! And what youre gonna have to do to win...(get a KO)! Takes you off your game plan big time. He was trying...and coming on better than he was. A rematch may be the game changer!

Comment

Salido did better in the 6 & 7 rounds but he got schooled in the 8th. Im not sure heating up is the appropriate phrase. But a rematch has to happen. Mikey should school him again.

Comment

Working...
                      X