Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum "Who the **** knows about Lucas Matthysse"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promoters and fighters need to stop dropping that BS line "who is he, nobody knows him" then go ahead and fight another little known fighter but one who has way less talent or threat factor....

Comment

Matthysse failed to win big when it really counted. Broner will stop him and the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
        Matthysse failed to win big when it really counted. Broner will stop him and the hype.
        Losing to Broner doesn't mean u aint a bad mother ****er though!

Id actually love to see that one, they need to make Broner vs Garcia, Rios vs Matthysse and then the winners face off

Comment

Yeah Bob, we know all bout it.

Comment

Mattysse has never failed to win big. He did fail to lose big twice though. In fact both his losses are highly controversial. Furthermore while I've grown to respect Broner somewhat, he doesn't match well with Mattysse at all. Broner is doing his thing at 135 & below cause he's bigger than everyone else. If he stands in front of Mattysse like he does them lil guys, he'll be the 1 getting stopped.

Comment

Outside of people in the sport, people who populate boxing message boards a few people from his hometown in Argentina, his friend and his family~

Who really does know about Matthysse~

Fuck on here back when Matthysse coming up people were telling me Kaizer Mabuza was a better fighter than Matthysse and that I was out of my head for thinking so highly of Matthysse, now that this same community is big upping him it cracks me up~

Lucas needs to do what it takes to make his name, it is not incumbent on others to give him a break he needs to make his own, Now he was rather unfortunate in the Alexander fight but he could have done more to make that fight more clear and the Judah fight was close so where he is now is a lot own doing.

Comment

No he didn't. He won against Alexander, and there is not a real argument otherwise. Some people pretend there's a way to score that fight for Alexander, but there isn't.

Comment

Who's more popular Lucas Matthysse or Mike Alvarado?

Comment

Most people don't know about any fighters but the absolute top names.

What they care about is great fights. Lots of action. That's how you build true interest and true stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      Most people don't know about any fighters but the absolute top names.

What they care about is great fights. Lots of action. That's how you build true interest and true stars.
                      Mathysse isn't exactly a lots of action fighter tho. He's the 140lb version of Mikey Garcia his luck is he's not of Mexican descent. And that's why it is a legit point that in his two biggest fights, his performances were quite stale even though he was favored to lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X