Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward comparible to Pre-Pacquiao Tim Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward is way more skilled than Bradley but they do share some of the same traits

Comment

Ward >>> Bradley

Comment

Ward clinches and holds a lot while Bradley doesn't. Ward is a more accurate puncher. Neither have punching power but hit hard enough to get their opponents respect.

Comment

Interesting thread. I do think there are similarities between Ward and Bradley, namely both like to fight at mid range but can also do well up close. Having said that, I think Bradley likes to maul his opposition whereas Ward doesn't. Another massive similarity is that they both use their heads...alot lol

Even in terms of resume the two guys are similar, the only difference being that Ward has a win over Froch whereas Bradley doesn't hold a legit win over anyone near that quality.

Comment

why did you say "pre pacquiao"?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Before Bradley faced an ATG in Manny Pacquiao, he was concensus top 7 P4P, and highly rated.

Since he "lost" to a guy who is levels above anyone Ward has ever fought the opinion of him has gone way down, obviously the Ward crew don't want to compare him to a guy who just "lost"

Take pacquiao out of the equation (I think Ward would be done in a simmilar style if he faced a young RJJ for instance) and I don't think there is a massive gap as many are making out.
              he still is...did i miss something?

Comment

Ward is the best fighter in boxing, bar none. Bradley is uh 1 of the best but not thee man.

Comment

I'm actually not to sold on Andre Ward, I think he is in a EASY weight class, I know he fights legit guys and etc, but I think it's kinda like the Roy Jones factor, not really having that many skilled guys to be put up against.

Comment

Their styles are very similar..But Ward is more polished then Bradley(meaning he makes it look better),but what they do in the ring is very similar..They are thinking fighters who are so well rounded it's hard to beat them doing any one thing...Both are physically strong and impose their strength on their opponents..Both are very good fighters(although I give the edge to Ward at this point in time)and the top fighters in the sport..I think they are comparable to an extent...But the reason most will say no,is that Ward is a lot more polished then Bradley...But their scheme and approach is very similar in the ring...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Think about it, Bradley is a fantastic little fighter.

Good offense, Good defense, rarely drops a round, good inside game, fast, also headbutts lol, strong. Just a very good all round fighter with no noticable flaws.

Resume wise

Ward

Kessler-Abraham-Froch-Dawson

Bradley

Witter-Holt-Petersen-Alexander

Edge to ward, but Bradleys isn't too shabby and he dominated them all too.
                      You forgot one thing, Ward actually has talent, Bradley doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X