Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG can give Ward a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love GGG but best I'd give him is 2-10 against Ward, and you get one for showing up. I do think it'd be closer than scorecards would suggest, but Ward is just something truly special and better in everyway

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      I cannot comprehend how you can even think this.

This hype is ridiculous. Even despite showing he can be outboxed. Is GGG gonna KO Dawson at 175 too? Or do we need another fight first.

But really, what has GGG done that makes you think this? His MW resume isn't that great right now, but you'd prefer him 3/10 times over one of the most proven, P4P guys in the sport? That's a weightclass above him?
      What does Dawson at 175 has to do with anything? I think Ward beats Golovkin, and no, I don't think GGG beats Dawson at 175, but I also believe that Ward vs Dawson would be more competitive at 175 than at 168 as it was last time.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
        I love GGG but best I'd give him is 2-10 against Ward, and you get one for showing up. I do think it'd be closer than scorecards would suggest, but Ward is just something truly special and better in everyway
        Just calm down on this "truly special" business, as it stands Ward is an impressive champion with some good wins, "truly special" is a while away just yet.

And "better in every way" is something getting thrown around far too much, Golovkin is clearly the better offensive fighter.

That said, Ward wins, too big, too much all round game.

Comment

lol. Can he even beat Froch or Kessler?

Comment

golovkin is too small for 160 as it is. moving up to 168 would be too muck for him, especially against a slick and bigger ward

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
              Yes or no? I think he gives Ward the fight of his life Ward even seemed to speak highly of him during the broadcast.
              Worst possible fight to make for him. Ward is already bigger than most super middleweights. This is similar to Marquez jumping up in weight against a faster, stronger Floyd. Let him clean out 154 and 160. There's more money to be made against a far more beatable Chavez than there is against Ward.

Comment

Nah, he'd get dominated. Straight rights, jabs, smother and beat him up, repeat for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Just calm down on this "truly special" business, as it stands Ward is an impressive champion with some good wins, "truly special" is a while away just yet.

And "better in every way" is something getting thrown around far too much, Golovkin is clearly the better offensive fighter.

That said, Ward wins, too big, too much all round game.
                  Good post, tell it like it is!

Comment

at this point you have to say no. ward fought the best fighters in his division and proved himself to be the best one in it by far. GGG only beat two fringe contenders, he hasnt proved himself at the highest level yet. comparing him to one of the best fighters p4p is ridiculous, its that kind of hype and getting ahead of oursleves thats whats wrong with boxing.

you cant go from proksa and rosado to andre ward, i dont care how good you look beating them. you cant leap from C level oponents to A+++ oponents. GGG should fight quillen or pirog, then chavez jr or geale, then martinez and after that we can potentially talk about andre ward. thats moving up in class one fight at the time at the quickest possible pace and proving he deserves to share a ring with ward.

at this point he doesnt even do that, so how can you say he beats ward when he hasnt even proven he is at his level and belongs in the same ring?
                    Last edited by #1Assassin; 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

i dont see him being able to beat ward i think ward will use too much lateral movement and have him moving backwards more than he wants. GGG looks best when opponents backs are to the rope and he can move straight forward i dont think that would be possible with ward

Comment

Working...
                      X