No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia should have lost by TKO by quitting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    How he quit when the doctors determined he couldn't continue, should he had said fuck that and attack salido anyways?

you fools are just dumb.
    alot of people criticized some fighters for the same damn thing,

Some fighters like Abraham fought with a broken jaw etc To each his own

Although i expected better from salido i hope there's a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      We all know you agree on getting things the easy way. Typical with the flomos!

Just becareful...Prettyboy32 is on a mission to break your nose...he knows now you have QUIT in you! :AOR: Im disappointed in you Larry. I wanted to fund your round trip to fight the dude but now that i know you have quit in you...**** that!
      not sure what fl0mos have to do with this at all..dude got headbutted in a boxing match,this aint no street fight its a boxing match,that is illegal and as you say the knowledgeable people made the right call..

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        not sure what fl0mos have to do with this at all..dude got headbutted in a boxing match,this aint no street fight its a boxing match,that is illegal and as you say the knowledgeable people made the right call..
        No...i said the experts said it was an accidental headbutt! Floyd fans always look and approve of the easy way out! The right call would be to send him out there and continue. I mean you get hurt in this sport. Thats why they call it the Hurt business! I gotta toughen up up...

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          No...i said the experts said it was an accidental headbutt! Floyd fans always look and approve of the easy way out! The right call would be to send him out there and continue. I mean you get hurt in this sport. Thats why they call it the Hurt business! I gotta toughen up up...
          The experts also stopped the fight,you are no expert and the experts said fight over.

Comment

His brother did the right desicion and one that Salido was thankful for. Salido is great on street fights, but there's good reasons why He has 2 digits looses.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
              The experts also stopped the fight,you are no expert and the experts said fight over.
              didnt say i was an expert. You said was intentional headbutt I said it was ruled an accident. Are you high again? We know they stop the fight. Kinda saw that!
              whats that got to do with the butt being intentional or accidental? Making yourself look ****** again Larry. :AYWOoD:

Comment

he beat siri like nobody ever has. damn near made him look amatuerish. stop with the hate already. fight was stopped and mikey won. would it have been better for him to go the distance....yeah, but sh.it happens in boxing. besides I honestly dont think it wouldve made a difference had. it gone on, mikey wouldve ended up dropping him a few more times before ko'ing the old vato

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

doc stopped the fight, not the fighter, garcia even said he should've continued but they stopped it....

to the thread starter, do you think a guy like garcia, a guy who grew up around world champions, a guy who's family is a boxing family, a guy who is regarded as the best fighter of their family. would quit in a world title fight? would rob himself of the satisfaction of winning a championship on his own!?!?!?

get off it man, quit hating and quit trying to make it seem like you're sussing out some overlooked rule and you're the guy who has it right, because you're wrong without even knowing the facts and or the rules...... and you must have missed the transcript of what garcia and the dr said.....

Comment

People need to stop with it was an illegal punch or that Salido is a drug cheat. Salido was aloud to fight and that punch was not called illegal.

While the doctors called it the way they felt it should be called, they also went by how Mikey Garcia and his trainer were reacting.

I think what people here are complaining about more is what they saw when Mikey's trainer realized that the nose was probably broken. One can tell that the trainer was hoping that the fight would be stopped with the full realization that his fighter was way in the lead.

Trust me, if the fight was too close to call or if Salido was ahead, Mikey's trainer would NOT be rushing to the ref/doctors to say "My fighter has a broken nose, come stop the fight (impression)"

They would also be begging for the fight to continue ....

Again, it was more of the bad impression given by the trainer than the doctor actually stopping it that gave a bad vibe to the whole thing.
                    Last edited by ADP02; 01-21-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Are you guys really that butthurt about Salido losing? He wasn't going to win that fight anyway, the hell does it matter?

What, you think he was going to land something in the later rounds? What later rounds, there was only 2 or 3 left (stopped in the 9th going into 10th?) You think if he didn't figure Garcia out by the 10th he was gonna have a light bulb go off? Nah man, come on. He could have salvaged 3 rounds but it was 9-3 at best.

I don't think Garcia quit. Also, have you fought with a broken nose? Not everyone is Marquez or Mayweather. No one is out there calling this guy elite and if they are, they need to re evaluate their knowledge. He has flaws, granted hes still up and coming so there's potential. Still, give the guy a break.

Comment

Working...
                      X