Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia should have lost by TKO by quitting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had questions about mikey leading up to this fight but he was far from boring he was beatin salido punch for punch and he said he would give salido a rematch mikey will jus get him out of there faster TS

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
      Garcia wanted the fight stopped. A lot of fighters have had to fight with a broken noses.
      Let's be honest though.... they continue because they were in a close fight or they were so far behind that they need a stroke of luck (aka Martinez/Chavez) to win the fight with a lucky k.o. punch. That wasn't the case in this fight, Mikey was so far ahead in the fight that there was no reason for him to sustain further damage to his nose, or possible injury to his jaw because he would have had to fight with his mouth wide open. I get it, if this fight had been even a little close - but it wasn't. If it had been closer, I'm sure Mikeys brother (trainer) would have had him continue. Let's not forget that D. Garcia sent Margarito out round after round in that brutal fight against Pacquiao. And look where Margarito is now.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      If the quit is too blatantly unnecessary like Saturday night's quittage by Garcia, they should be penalized with a TKO loss. That should teach future quitters to go the full fight if the injury is minor. Now for legit injuries that look genuine, then go to the scorecards.

Cintron was arguably beating Williams, but the fight started heating up and he decided to leave the ring in a dramatic fashion. As a result, Williams got the TD instead of Cintron. The vibe of the scorecards felt like "You want to quit to get a decision? Well you're not getting it". That's what should have happened to Garcia, he shouldn't have been given the win. Salido suffered 4 knock downs and a broken nose but there was no quit in him whatsoever, none at all. He's a true warrior.
      As for the bolded, c'mon Kev. It's not like the scores that were already turned in for previous rounds, suddenly changed due to what the judges could not possibly have known what was gonna happen. Those rounds were already PRE determined, the judges had no way to suddenly say '**** that FROG', just because they felt like he was acting or faking or quitting or whatever. And that was during the 4th round I believe. Judges already had Williams up, which was, IMO, not accurate at the time of the stoppage. BUT.... Williams/Cintron was a hell of a lot closer fight in those 4 rounds then the Garcia vs Salido fight. Mikey was beating Orlando from pillar to post, and Salido was praying for a lucky shot. Gotta give Salido credit for heart, however, down 4 points by the end of the 2ND ROUND and winning maybe 1 round through, what 9 or 10 rds (can't remember but a lot more then 4rds like Williams/Cintron), Salido wasn't winning that fight without A LOT of luck, or possibly more fouling, who knows.

If this had been a closer fight then I could possibly see the outrage that some folks have here. Barring Salido capitilizing on Garcia's sideways nose from a foul (whether accidental or not), he wasn't gonna win that fight by fair means. Why should have Garcia given him that chance to injure him further in his first Title fight? It wasn't a close fight.... AT ALL.

Comment

It doesn't matter how far ahead Garcia was, 1 punch can change a fight....no matter if your down on the the judges cards or up.....Garcia didn't want to risk giving Salido that chance.

Comment

Yep cause you can win a boxing match via headbutting now

Comment

Let me get this straight. He gets fouled and from the looks of it, seemed intentional.

Suffers a broken nose and suffers breathing issues.

So lets say they say nope cannot stop the fight, get back out there and deal with it. The following round Garcia starts breathing through his mouth because he can no longer breath through his nose.

Then he possibly get hit on the Jaw and suffers a broken jaw along with it. Who pays for this then???

Someone answer me this please. If it broken nose came from the result of a punch, then yes it would be his own responsibility to continue. It would have been legal and a legit injury and then if he quit, well he would simply lose via TKO. That would be up to him. The foul he suffered though could possibly cascade into other issues later in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Let me get this straight. He gets fouled and from the looks of it, seemed intentional.

Suffers a broken nose and suffers breathing issues.

So lets say they say nope cannot stop the fight, get back out there and deal with it. The following round Garcia starts breathing through his mouth because he can no longer breath through his nose.

Then he possibly get hit on the Jaw and suffers a broken jaw along with it. Who pays for this then???

Someone answer me this please. If it broken nose came from the result of a punch, then yes it would be his own responsibility to continue. It would have been legal and a legit injury and then if he quit, well he would simply lose via TKO. That would be up to him. The foul he suffered though could possibly cascade into other issues later in the fight.
              Have you not heard the news??the person who gets hit with the illegal headbutt and gets his nose broken is a coward and a quitter..but the person who was dropped 4 times,losing badly and throws a desperate headbutt is the warrior and should have won..........

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                Have you not heard the news??the person who gets hit with the illegal headbutt and gets his nose broken is a coward and a quitter..but the person who was dropped 4 times,losing badly and throws a desperate headbutt is the warrior and should have won..........
                not to mention the guy who has been caught using steroids before he wouldnt do anything dirty in a fight like headbutt someone to get and advantage in a fight. This whole topic is nonsense to me if the headbutt caused a cut that stopped the fight instead i doubt people would be making this fuss

Comment

ummm the headbutt was ruled an accident. did you watch the fight? You see they have experts...(unlike yourself) that sit ring side...also a ref thats actually in the ring. Oh i almost forgot...instant replay! And it was determined...a accidental headbutt!

Plenty of fighters get hurt in the ring...either by punches or accidental blows...you must fight on. This is Boxing! A combat sport. if a fighter is or have concerns well he needs to get out the pros and go back to the amateurs so the proper head gear can be worn...just a thought for the pansies !

Comment

LOL we should let all fighters get steel plates inserted into their foreheads. It is all good! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      ummm the headbutt was ruled an accident. did you watch the fight? You see they have experts...(unlike yourself) that sit ring side...also a ref thats actually in the ring. Oh i almost forgot...instant replay! And it was determined...a accidental headbutt!

Plenty of fighters get hurt in the ring...either by punches or accidental blows...you must fight on. This is Boxing! A combat sport. if a fighter is or have concerns well he needs to get out the pros and go back to the amateurs so the proper head gear can be worn...just a thought for the pansies !
                      Yes and those EXPERT DOCTORS stopped the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X