No announcement yet.

Prime Hatton vs Bam Bam Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakizashi View Post
    Funny how prime Hatton is already overrated, and he isn't even dead yet. This is a bad style matchup for Ricky. Rios would be bigger, stronger, and tougher. Ricky's chin gets cracked midfight. Win Rios.
    Easy enough to say Hatton is overrated. What the **** has Rios done though?

Hatton would spoil (Rios didn't deal well with that from Abril, in fact he didn't deal with it at all). He would clinch and wrestle and rough Rios up. That's after punching him.

Rios would have the same trouble trying to get off. He'd be frustrated again by a better fighter.

But they wouldn't rob Hatton.

Comment

Tough fight for both. Rios can be beaten easily if you box him, hatton is still hard to beat even if you box him (in his prime). I'd go with hatton on this one if he goes hard to the body, he'll clinch like hell and won't allow rios' lanky arms to throw combinations.

Comment

Basically any respect Hatton had left amongst internet fans went out the window when he lost to senchenko.

I'm not going to say who I think would win, but I think most people who realy know boxing know, and it's pretty obvious

Comment

Hatton wouldve beaten this dude half to death.

Comment

Like I said in a similar thread that was made in regards to a fantasy fight between Maidana and Hatton a couple of years back: Hatton tended to box a little more against big,durable,physically strong pressure fighters that he couldn't boss around and physically impose himself on.And Hatton had pretty quick feet for such a stumpy fellow.

Type of fight I see is Hatton using angles,picking his shots,clinch every now and maybe tire a little in the last couple of rounds in an otherwise comprehensive decision.Against a plodder like Rios,he'd have some success in doing this - and still have enough in his shots to keep him honest.

I was never a fan of Hatton,but people have tended to underrate him a little since the Pacquiao fight.He was still very much capable of beating good,world rated fighters.

Comment

What world rated fighters did he beat who weren't 37 yrs old! (Ray Oliveras)
              When he faced men with decent power he got stopped! I think Rios is going to hit as hard as Manny or Floyd when it comes to Hattons chin.
              I think his fan base borders on "fanatics" who can't reason with the reality that he was a good fighter not a great one!! No where near Great! Ray.

Comment

hatton....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  When he faced men with decent power he got stopped! I think Rios is going to hit as hard as Manny or Floyd when it comes to Hattons chin.
                  I think his fan base borders on "fanatics" who can't reason with the reality that he was a good fighter not a great one!! No where near Great! Ray.
                  Ray.

Go away.

Earl.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Pipe down,old man.

Comment

hahahahaha you nerds are the easiest! Between Hatton and Sergio you fanatics are really crazy!!

Earl Hickey
                      the Hitman! hahaha!!!!

just funnin with you kids, good nite, the bathroom in my gym had more boxing knowledge than anyone on this thread! It was a pisser"peeleft: Too!

pipe this lil fellow,didn't mean to hurt your feelings Hatton was a great fighter ok! .........................in England! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X