Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Golovkin is the guy who is suppose to beat everyone at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Actually if you paid attention to Rosado recently and knowing he's been working with Bernard Hopkins you'd know he would put up a good effort. He's much better than he was when he fought Angulo (when he was a part time fighter). This was what I said prior to the fight:
    Originally Posted by ИATAS View Post
    Rosada will look great first several rounds boxing effectively and landing plenty of shots. But GGG will slowly break him down, TKO10.

After which, NSB will go crazy with nonstop threads and posts about how GGG is overrated and how Martinez would beat him blah blah blah

Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
      Rosado is better than he was,but its hardly a great win,where did i say GGG is overrated? Martinez would beat him,he is simply the better fighter
      It's not a "great" win. I don't think anyone is saying it is.

And I didn't say you specifically said GGG is overrated, that was simply my prediction prior to the fight, which is true.

Comment

Oh great a larry thread just what we needed
        seriously how are u not banned
        you are the worstttttt we hate u larry !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's not a "great" win. I don't think anyone is saying it is.

And I didn't say you specifically said GGG is overrated, that was simply my prediction prior to the fight, which is true.
          I'm a big GGG fan i'm not hating,i just don't want people acting like the guy is some sort of middleweight Foreman because he still has things to prove on an elite level imo

I became a fan of Rosado last night,he surprised me with his toughness,you could see he would never have quit and i gotta respect that

Comment

I'm a big GGG fan i'm not hating,i just don't want people acting like the guy is some sort of middleweight Foreman because he still has things to prove on an elite level imo
            I feel you, man.

At the same time it's a bit disrespectful when people (not you) say Golovkin isn't that good or whatever cuz he can be hit. No shyt he can be hit, he's a pressure fighter.

All I know is Golovkin is a fun fighter to watch and he's good for the sport. He's a very solid fighter. Is he the best at 160? Not yet, that title belongs to Sergio. Would he give Sergio a good fight? IMO, yes. But we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

I feel you, man.

At the same time it's a bit disrespectful when people (not you) say Golovkin isn't that good or whatever cuz he can be hit. No shyt he can be hit, he's a pressure fighter.

All I know is Golovkin is a fun fighter to watch and he's good for the sport. He's a very solid fighter. Is he the best at 160? Not yet, that title belongs to Sergio. Would he give Sergio a good fight? IMO, yes. But we'll have to wait and see.
              Whats Pirog been doing? He needs to get in the mix he has an interesting,exciting style somewhat similar to GGG's,but he hasn't fought since May last year and he isn't getting any younger

Comment

Whats Pirog been doing? He needs to get in the mix he has an interesting,exciting style somewhat similar to GGG's,but he hasn't fought since May last year and he isn't getting any younger
                He was scheduled to fight GGG (instead of Proksa) but injured his back. He's been sidelined ever since.

Comment

Talking about Golovkin is just the same as we do about Broner, Price, Rigo or Gary Russell jr. It's about their potential. We have to start somewhere, and boxing need the hype. It would be incredibly boring having to talk down on fighter until they are 100% proven.
                  We talk about Canelo fighting Mayweather, yet he's unproven. I'm not even sure Josesito Lopez is a better fighter than Prokza.

When i say Golovkin can beat any middleweight, i don't mean that he's proven he can do it. I'm talking about his potential.

Some prospects go the Jacobs, Lemieux or Jones route and stumble. Others shine.
                  I think Golovkin will be a force in this division, and the rightful heir to Martinez (since i don't think they will fight). I definitely like him a whole lot more than i do Quillin, Geale or Pirog.

Comment

....all bs aside I actually could see Martinez stopping Golovkin. GGG did a lot right last night and beat the hell out of Rosado. GGG only seemed awkward in the first couple of rounds, he was too excited and you could see it. He was breathing hard and ignored the body. Too excited to look good but once he settled down and established that brutal jab it was a wrap. He had some moments of vulnerability though and I'm curious as to how he'd handle them against a Macklin or Chavez Jr. He didn't look quite ready for Martinez fight last night imo despite beating down Rosado. Love his jab though...reminds me of Cottos. Not fast, but just great timing and times it with his entire body. Nice. Hope to see him more relaxed next time out and establish that left hook to the body earlier. He'll need to if he plans to beat the top dudes. Sergio (very underrated body puncher) and Chavez Jr/Pirog crack to the body too... You do NOT want those guys picking up steam in the middle rounds. I just hope GGG realizes he wont be able to headhunt against every guy...

Comment

Pirogs been doing absolutely nothing after ducking Golovkin

Comment

Working...
                      X