No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We're Saving Mexico For Pacquiao-Marquez 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Bob don't give a ****. However it would be funny if Pac all of a sudden wants extra drug tests and JMM says no...... lol
    hahaah

Pac is too stupid to ask for them, his pride won't permit him, he couldn't even admit that Marquez shocked him with his power, even though you saw the look on his face when the first knockdown happen, he had a look of like "wtf where did you get that power? you never hit me that hard before."

Alex Ariza;s buddy buddy with Memo for some reason, so you know Ariza will not encourage Pac to take extra testing, and Roach is too timid to enforce it even though he knows deep inside something is fishy.

Pacquiao will get brutally destroyed again, Arum is stupid if he makes this fight in Mexico, he should make it in a neutral place like Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      I don't really know. I think Pac from JMM 4 fight runs through Guerrero and just about anyone at 147. Bradley might make it closer, not sure if that'd be enough. Most people had it a blowout last time. Even if his chin is weakened now, probably won't be a factor vs most of these guys. Broner, no idea, he hasn't fought anyone within 5 talent brackets from Pac.

I'm not sure about JMM, he's no exactly proven above 135 except vs Pac, not really a good gauge.
      The problem with these two is that outside of Floyd, there's really no one they can fight that they wouldn't take a significant status hit for losing against. And at this point, there's no need for either to fight Floyd because I think most realistic and logical thinking folks would conceed that at this point, Floyd is historically better than both. Therefore there wouldn't be much anticipation for him to fight either. And at this point, the risk/reward doesn't make business sense for either to fight some of the guys coming up. So why not just milk them against each other. And unlike the majority of the time, I aint messed up with Arum doing it.

As for your statement, "the Pac that fought JMM in the 4th fight.". You seem to be implying that Pac looked like he had gotten better. Its my belief that the reason Pac was looking so good was because JMM had some obvious decline in his game. I think JMM showed some serious signs of aging. And I think Pac was well on his way to a lopsided UD or even a stoppage. Its almost like the boxing gods looked down and said "no, the first convincing win in this rivalry aint gonna come about because this guy got old." LOL

Comment

Imagine how pacquiao reacts if he asks for additional testing and Marquez agrees. That's one more rationalization he can't use for Marquez winning.

Comment

i'm down for this.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            hahaah

Pac is too stupid to ask for them, his pride won't permit him, he couldn't even admit that Marquez shocked him with his power, even though you saw the look on his face when the first knockdown happen, he had a look of like "wtf where did you get that power? you never hit me that hard before."

Alex Ariza;s buddy buddy with Memo for some reason, so you know Ariza will not encourage Pac to take extra testing, and Roach is too timid to enforce it even though he knows deep inside something is fishy.

Pacquiao will get brutally destroyed again, Arum is stupid if he makes this fight in Mexico, he should make it in a neutral place like Canada.
            I don't think there were any significant increases in JMM's power. On the KD in the 3rd, Pac made the tactical error of backing straight out with his hands down. Which is something they teach you not to do before they teach you to throw a single punch. And the punch that he iced Pac with he had landed 4-5 times already in the fight and Pac took them well. The difference with the KO punch was that Pac tripped over JMM's foot, was completely off balanced, and probably supplied more of the power for that punch than JMM did.

Comment

This is a power struggle game by Arum.

He knows that Mayweather is already going to have the MGM booked for September for the Canelo fights.

I dont think hes having them fight in Mexico, it will probably be in Dallas in October or something. Mayweather is going to have HBO PPV booked for September too. Arum has already been whining that Floyd always gets the dates first.

Arum will stir up some drama about having Pac-JMM go head to head against Floyd on the same date and on Showtime but in reality he will push it back a month or two and the fight will be in MGM or in dallas. Both guys will make less if they go head to head so they will talk a lot of trash about doing it but wont go through with it.
              Last edited by elfag; 01-20-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Manny will need to go in aggressively as his only chance would be to KO Marquez. Not good for Manny when both sides know that he will be forced to fight aggressively for a KO.

Marquez will patiently wait and counter all night until one of his counters connects good! If Marquez doesn't connect for a KO then it will be OK because he will be guaranteed to win by points in Mexico!

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  hahaah

Naa Bob's cashing out on JMM's fans now. Outside of Vegas, he would make more money in Mexico and he knows that. JMM's fans know this would be his last fight and will be there with a handful of money to pay and see it.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    This is a power struggle game by Arum.

He knows that Mayweather is already going to have the MGM booked for September for the Canelo fights.

I dont think hes having them fight in Mexico, it will probably be in Dallas in October or something. Mayweather is going to have HBO PPV booked for September too. Arum has already been whining that Floyd always gets the dates first.

Arum will stir up some drama about having Pac-JMM go head to head against Floyd on the same date and on Showtime but in reality he will push it back a month or two and the fight will be in MGM or in dallas. Both guys will make less if they go head to head so they will talk a lot of trash about doing it but wont go through with it.
                    What makes you think it'll be pacquiao and arum who backs down from the Sept date and not Mayweather?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      What makes you think it'll be pacquiao and arum who backs down from the Sept date and not Mayweather?
                      Because of the fact that Floyd is, has been, and will always be a bigger star and draw than Pac. Plus the fact that Floyd hasn't slipped nearly as much as Pac and likely has several big paydays ahead of him. Where Pac's next big payday could easily be his last. Wouldn't make sense for Arum to play chicken with Floyd under the current circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                      X