Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Boxing...a Broke Nose... really !!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Rosado was all battered up vs a much harder hitting guy and kept going till his trainer stopped it. Sad...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Rosado wasn't fouled... Thus any advantage to Golovkin via damage inflicted was by way of a punch and was therefore legitimate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      If you allow fights like these to go on then all you're doing is encouraging losing fighters who are getting their ass beat to try and get a huge advantage by FOULING.

I can't believe for the life of me why anyone thinks this should have kept going, Salido was losing by at least 8 points, had been knocked down 4 times. Even though Salido started to land a little more that does not mean that Garcia was in any way going to lose, he was just a bit tired from this being his first Championship fight and was relaxing in the knowledge he was winning by like 9 points.
      Because the fight fans paid there money to see a FIGHT no excuses boxing is a hard sport sometimes you will get a cut or broken hand but does stopping the fight with a broken nose justify this sport?
      **** I don't even like UFC but I've seen those bums fights with way worse facial injuries than that... What worries me is Mikey never protested it at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
        Because the fight fans paid there money to see a FIGHT no excuses boxing is a hard sport sometimes you will get a cut or broken hand but does stopping the fight with a broken nose justify this sport?
        **** I don't even like UFC but I've seen those bums fights with way worse facial injuries than that... What worries me is Mikey never protested it at all.
        Who gives a crap if the fans paid money? This is a job, a career, a money maker for the fighters. Losing a fight can kick you down quite a few rungs on the ladder in the boxign world.

I don't want to see the rightful winner be robbed because someone thought it would be great to get an advantage by headbutting them and breaking their nose.

Would it have been fair if Garcia went out with a broken nose, not being able to breath and being in extreme pain, and then lost? No it wouldn't. Garcia didn't want that understandably and neither did his corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner
          If you allow fights like these to go on then all you're doing is encouraging losing fighters who are getting their ass beat to try and get a huge advantage by FOULING.

I can't believe for the life of me why anyone thinks this should have kept going, Salido was losing by at least 8 points, had been knocked down 4 times. Even though Salido started to land a little more that does not mean that Garcia was in any way going to lose, he was just a bit tired from this being his first Championship fight and was relaxing in the knowledge he was winning by like 9 points.
          My dude , Garcia who has never been 12 rounds was getting tired with Salido coming on stronger. So how do you know Garcia was in no way going to lose? How do you know how he was gonna look in the 11th and 12th?

Comment

My dude , Garcia who has never been 12 rounds was getting tired with Salido coming on stronger. So how do you know Garcia was in no way going to lose? How do you know how he was gonna look in the 11th and 12th?

Well I don't for certain it's just my opinion, but you don't know Salido was going to do a lot better either in reality.

Even with Salido getting him on the ropes and whatnot Garcia never looked too concerned. I think I only remember one or two good rights being landed, I think Garcia would have made it to the end.

Moreover, who's to say that Saldio wasn't making his last stand and after that round or the one after would have gassed out?

In the world of uncertainty there's too many variables.

Besides, it doesn't change the fact that Saldio nutted Garcia and broke his nose, giving him a massive advantage for the final rounds which he is not entitled to because he did it outwith the rules.

Comment

• Hopefully they fight a rematch and clear all this up. I don't have a huge problem with it, since the broken nose came from a headbutt, but Salido was finally coming on. We didn't get to see what would have been a gutsy final few rounds from Garcia, a crazy come from behind stoppage by Salido, or a brutal stoppage from Garcia.

Comment

• Originally posted by bose View Post
                Weird stoppage. Fight stopped by broken nose first i heard of this.

Anyone remember the Rahmen, Vargas, Gatti fights? And many more.

Salido is the type of fighter that come in head first sometimes, foul, intentional or not, its a boxing match fight on. (retaliation, its part of the game)

Review ROUnd 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! During the break period just before they go to round 9. Sorry to say, Garcias corner found a way out of it and it was caught on camera!. You see Mickey go to the corner, Robert saying "...looks like you have a broken nose, its a broken nose!" than i think he said "get the doctor"

Sad to say, again, Garcias people wanted the fight stopped and Mickey went along with it. It was a way out for team Garcia in a fight they were winning but Salido was coming on as Mickey was looking to have slowed down. This may start a new trend...remember when it was ok to a quit than a slew of fighters quit in a fight? This may happen again as soon as any fighter gets a broken nose. Boxing in a dark stage once again.
                The first Vazquez-Marquez fight was stopped because of a broken nose, not by the doctor though. Vazquez couldn't breathe and decided not to continue.

Comment

• The fight was just getting interesting too, Salido was picking up some steam and Garcia looked to be tiring a little.

Not a good way to end a fight, but it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Well I don't for certain it's just my opinion, but you don't know Salido was going to do a lot better either in reality.

Even with Salido getting him on the ropes and whatnot Garcia never looked too concerned. I think I only remember one or two good rights being landed, I think Garcia would have made it to the end.

Moreover, who's to say that Saldio wasn't making his last stand and after that round or the one after would have gassed out?

In the world of uncertainty there's too many variables.

Besides, it doesn't change the fact that Saldio nutted Garcia and broke his nose, giving him a massive advantage for the final rounds which he is not entitled to because he did it outwith the rules.
                    You ever watched Salido fight? His last stand? He had been coming on for a couple of rounds now with Garcia slowing down and getting hit more.

Comment

You ever watched Salido fight? His last stand? He had been coming on for a couple of rounds now with Garcia slowing down and getting hit more.

I guess he should have thought about the potential repercussions before he lead with his head. Even if you believe he was going to win that doesn't change the fact HE headbutted Garcia, if you lead with your head, that happens and you have to pay the price.

The notion Garcia should have fought on after having his nose broken by a foul in a fight he was dominating at the time is ludicrous.

Comment

Working...
                      X