Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Batters Gabriel Rosado In Seven Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll just have to agree to disagree bro...The entire telecast was built around celebrating ggg as a some force. Look at how they even described SM. Just as the champion...not as top 3-4-or 5 fighter in the world. He even said glovokin might be the best in the div....based on what????? who has he beaten. foh. Canelo would beat the **** outta ggg. He's literally the best combo puncher fighting today...head, body, head, head. Canelo is tough. He's not elite. But trust me neither is gennady...he's not even sniffing elite at this point. He's pretty good. but that's it. The rest is yet to be seen. HBO thought he'd have a sensational vickie. They miscalculated. Now Garcia is as good as advertised. He still needs to develop a body assault & work on his stamina more & a little bit more of an inside *********...but the boy is ready to step it up. He totally outclassed a dog in Salido....very impressed. GGG...not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
      We'll just have to agree to disagree bro...The entire telecast was built around celebrating ggg as a some force. Look at how they even described SM. Just as the champion...not as top 3-4-or 5 fighter in the world. He even said glovokin might be the best in the div....based on what????? who has he beaten. foh. Canelo would beat the **** outta ggg. He's literally the best combo puncher fighting today...head, body, head, head. Canelo is tough. He's not elite. But trust me neither is gennady...he's not even sniffing elite at this point. He's pretty good. but that's it. The rest is yet to be seen. HBO thought he'd have a sensational vickie. They miscalculated. Now Garcia is as good as advertised. He still needs to develop a body assault & work on his stamina more & a little bit more of an inside *********...but the boy is ready to step it up. He totally outclassed a dog in Salido....very impressed. GGG...not so much.
      Canelo who? Oh, you must mean the guy who hasn't even faced a legit 154 pounder and who's last defense was against a JMW and who also got rattled by a career lightweight in Jose Miguel Cotto. GGG is definitely overhyped by some around here but he still KOs Canelo without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
        Canelo who? Oh, you must mean the guy who hasn't even faced a legit 154 pounder and who's last defense was against a JMW and who also got rattled by a career lightweight in Jose Miguel Cotto. GGG is definitely overhyped by some around here but he still KOs Canelo without a doubt.
        trust me...ur wrong. Canelo doesn't have a marquee win yet But neither does this guy. & I'm sure Saul would spark this kid. Does Glovokin even have a wikipedia...is he even on boxrec?? I mean who has he beaten??

Comment

trust me...ur wrong. Canelo doesn't have a marquee win yet But neither does this guy. & I'm sure Saul would spark this kid. Does Glovokin even have a wikipedia...is he even on boxrec?? I mean who has he beaten??
          Do you follow Boxing at all?

Pirog pulled out of a scheduled fight with an injury

GGG was Sturm's mandatory. Never fought him.

After Geale beat Sturm for the belt, Geale decides on the Mundine rematch instead of his mandatory, GGG.

Quillin dont want none.

Neither does Sergio.

That's a good chunk of the top 10. Now, can you blame him for fighting Rosado?

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post

After Geale beat Sturm for the belt, Geale decides on the Mundine rematch instead of his mandatory, GGG.

Quillin dont want none.

Neither does Sergio.

Hahaha....That's a funny question. Yes. I follow boxing annnnd PRIZE FIGHTING. Each of those fights you mentioned were about money...not competition. Guys want to get paid & rewarded for their sacrifice not just fight every fringe contender that comes along. Pirog vs ggg I have no prob w/. Geale deciding on a bigger payday...zero problem w/ he earned that right. And SM is chasing career paydays & closing out his career on a high notes trying to get at floyd & manny & JR & Canelo...why in the ****!!! would he fight guys like pirog & Glovokin?? U can tell he didn't even want to face macklin & Barker. Those were **** fights. Dude is 38 yrs old. Why would he. NOOOOOOOOOBODY knows who the **** GGG is other than u! stop it. Now...Do you follow boxing??

Comment

Hahaha....That's a funny question. Yes. I follow boxing annnnd PRIZE FIGHTING. Each of those fights you mentioned were about money...not competition. Guys want to get paid & rewarded for their sacrifice not just fight every fringe contender that comes along. Pirog vs ggg I have no prob w/. Geale deciding on a bigger payday...zero problem w/ he earned that right. And SM is chasing career paydays & closing out his career on a high notes trying to get at floyd & manny & JR & Canelo...why in the ****!!! would he fight guys like pirog & Glovokin?? U can tell he didn't even want to face macklin & Barker. Those were **** fights. Dude is 38 yrs old. Why would he. NOOOOOOOOOBODY knows who the **** GGG is other than u! stop it. Now...Do you follow boxing??
              You're basically agreeing that they ducked Golovkin. So why are you mad again?

Comment

Quillin dont want none.

Neither does Sergio.

& I'm not even saying the Rosado fight wasn't a good matchup....But it was clear after rd 1 that Gabby was vastly inexperienced. You could tell by his frantic movements he was overmatched. It's all good. My whole premise is that I think GGG needs more fights more exposure & better comp b4 I can say he is what we think he may be. Right now he offers up nothing any top flight fighter needs. On top of that he can't speak a like of english & is rather boring to watch. (by comparison to an electrifying style &/or personality)

Comment

You're basically agreeing that they ducked Golovkin. So why are you mad again?
                  How is getting paid a duck?? Are u insane...IT'S BUSINESS ANNNNDDD A SPORT! These guys fight for themselves & their livelihoods...their families. Not only for fans or for fun. You do get that right?? alright. I guess we can end it there. It's a slow night I suppose.

Comment

I told you he was over-hyped, but at least he has a win over Proksa who was a top ten guy at 160 and a really good amateur record. Meanwhile, Alvarez has... red hair?

Comment

I will be absolutely honest. I say that because most wont or just dont know any better.

GGG impressed me with something very simple. His footwork isnt very good but his balance is awesome. He stays in punching position most of the time which is very hard to teach even the most talented fighter.

He hits very hard which we all Knew. He also had sense enough to keep pumping that jab once Rosado's vision took a turn. Very smart.

Mentally he has a lot of work to do. He likes to make excuses for sure. He did all he could to discredit Rosado in a nice way. Why the hell is he always sick. Does he have some condition on thhe low? Fatigues gonna be his problem against Serg and even Jr.

He also gets frustrated and resorts to illegal blows which I cant complain too much about but it looked bad for a guy that is supposed to be "the God of war". Rabbit punching a guy repeatedly who's already losing sight looked pretty weak but thats the game. He was relieved to see that cut pouring because the fight started looking different around the fourth.

Over all he's a good fighter but nowhere near a great fighter.

As for Rosado.

He showed great head movement but needs not to go overboard with the dipping and dodging. He was actually working a pretty good game plan. The cut derailed it a bit.

He showed that with a sustained attack he possibly could have given Gennady trouble late.

He showed the Philly grit he spoke of because he could have quit on the seat. He made GGG respect him by pushing him back at times. His chin looked up to par. He is still what I thought he was which is a pretty good fighter. Golo wont chance fighting him again for sure.

His downside was that his lack of experience hurt him. You could see that the cut bothered him mentally as much as physically, if not more.

His timing was not very good because GGG gave him chances to get off but he was hesitant. Even though his plan was to take him to deep water he still needed to sit down on some punches much earlier than he did.

Final thought: It was a good win for Gennady. Theyre each others best comp thus far. I want to see both back in the ring soon. I would definitely like to see GGG in that deep water before everyone tries to crown him again.

Comment

Working...
                      X