Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Carlos Burgos, Roman Martinez Fight To a 12-Round Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
    I watched the fight live in New York and I thought Martinez won 115-113.

Burgos only won 5 rounds???

Comment

Martinez came forward, fought hard, and landed very little. Only in the last 3rd of the fight did he get much of anything off.

Burgos got shafted.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Burgos got jobbed, fairly close but thought he won, but what was terrible was the wide, different spreads of 2 judges: 1 4 Martinez 9-3 and other 4 Burgos 8-4...when judges, IMO, are that far apart, that tells me they are losing concentration or are not watching the entire round...terrible scoring...

Comment

Like I mentioned in another thread, It was a good fight where both showed a lot of heart, conditioning & determination & let it all hang out & even thou I was rooting for Rocky, I saw Burgos win clearly(116-112)..Feel bad for Burgos who came in with a good game plan of attacking the body & worked it very well & in the last few rounds Rocky wasn't really doing much except going forward(which he basically always does) & it was because of that body attack...
          Last edited by Tomasio; 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
            Burgos only won 5 rounds???
            Gotta ask where was he sitting...
            Last edited by Tomasio; 01-20-2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
              I watched the fight live in New York and I thought Martinez won 115-113.
              ¿Where were U sitting? I ask cause depending where U sit & the angle U watch the fight one could get the misconception that one guy won the fight when it's actually the other way around. I say that cause when I went to MSG to watch Miguel Cotto against Muhamad Abdulaev where I was sitting(& they were good seats) all We saw was Cotto's back against the ropes basically threw out the whole fight & it actually looked like Cotto was loosing(everyone that was sitting in that section was saying the same thing) & We thought it was weird that Abdulaev was swelling up, I even told one guy, "Maybe he's hitting himself" & someone there called his house to see how they were seeing the fight & when he said that they had Cotto winning, everyone in that section was surprised! I watched it the next day at home & I saw a TOTALLY different fight than the one I was watching live..

Comment

Nimodo...

Good news: Puerto rico keeps a belt

Bad news: Rocky Martinez is your only tittle holder.

Lets just hope Ponce De Leon don't get robbed in New york/March 2nd vs Jayson Velez. That should be a great fight and hopefully the judges don't ruin it for us all.

Comment

On any objective scorecard(or at least one that actually factors in body punches) that was a near shutout.There was a single round(the eighth) where Burgos was passive and didn't do anything,but that's it.

Too many giving fans too much credit for being "game" in fights that they're being dominated and controlled in.

Comment

The Racket Squad: It's Just Boxing As Usual

If this display of judgmental incompetence were consistent within Football, Baseball, Basketball or Hockey, we would witness new regulations and suggestions regarding the prevention of such disgrace.

But Boxing just accepts the brutal decisions and moves on.
                    Men battle anticipating a degree of fairness within the craft they devote their lives to.
                    Not in this sport.

Burgos was not the only big loser last night.

Yes. Mikey Garcia was indeed pounding Orlando into submission.
                    Yet, it was still Garcia's to win, not with a 'hard to breath' claim but through a winning path toward the belt by going the 12.

Gabe Rosado was lauded for hanging in with Golovkin, fighting with a broken face.
                    Each romantic notion within prizefighting stated that his determination would help him land a big shot.
                    If a fight needed to be stopped sooner, it was that one.

Who is too say that Salido would not have had 'his' nose broken by an unexpected incident?
                    He was The Champ and did not quit.

The Garcia camp decided to call it a night with a huge lead.
                    Nothing brave there.
                    Just boxing as usual.

Comment

Why doesn't the title of the article say, "Highway Robbery In NY"! This is the second time Martinez received a gift decision against a Mexican boxer, beginning with Beltran. When a Mexican boxer fights a PR, you got to Knock em out in order to win! Two of the three judges should be banned from boxing for life, clearly they were paid off cuz no one is that stupid to believe Martinez won! What a disgraceful decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X