Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Tripleheader: Salido-Garcia, Golovkin-Rosado, Martinez-Burgos Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm I didn't see Garcia quit, the doctors decided to stop it.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      What a ****ing letdown. Garcia probably would have won but Salido gets better as the fight goes on. That's what happens with him. It would have been good to at least see what Garcia can do in the face of that down the line.

They knew with a broken nose, things could get ugly down the line. They didn't want him getting stopped because of a broken ****ed up face later on, when they could just get out and win on the cards. ***** move but whatever. Rematch please. Hopefully Salido learned some lessons.
      It looked like the doctors made the decision to me.

Comment

• Lol that was not accidental, he rushed in with the head, broke his nose n the docs stopped it, u cant punched with ur head, i thought he could n that he should of but whatever the right man won i dont see none different with a rematch

Comment

• did he quit or was it stopped????????? I thought it was stopped??? Why are people ****ting on Garcia, it wasnt his call...

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            with a broken nose he had a chance of being stopped but they found a way out like a puss.

Garcia saying they're gonna give salido the rematch but found a way to stop it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            Garcia got business done efficiently. He performed to my expectations, but that's the problem. I wanted him to go beyond those expectations. He didn't show an inside game and he didn't show a killer instinct. I get on Rosado for having too much of a killer instinct, but dayum, Garcia doesn't seem to have one! It's not like he doesn't have the power to put guys out, so I find his patience to be frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
              What did you think about GGG? He never moves his head lol easy work for Sergio!
              Sergio probably box circles around him. GGG's power will keep it interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                First time I've seen it. Ricardo Torres got knocked out from a headbutt to the chin by Kendal Holt, though it wasn't ruled.
                No he got dazed by the headbutt and then Holt knocked out him out with a right hand.

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                with a broken nose he had a chance of being stopped but they found a way out like a puss.

Garcia saying they're gonna give salido the rematch but found a way to stop it.
                How did Garcia find a way to stop it when he's not the one who stopped the fight?

Comment

• How can you stop a fight for that? I have never, ever, seen a fight stopped because of a broken nose and it go to the cards.

If you have an injury that perfectly allows you to fight on, you can't ****ing stop it!

You can't stop a fight because you break your hand accidentally. What the **** is that all about? That should go to the commission and get changed to a NC.

Why couldn't he fight? He could breath fine, he hadn't even fought 30 seconds after it happened so how does he know? I've had my nose broken that bad and I could breath ok. Not great of course, but it wasn't bad enough to be able to ask a doctor to stop it.

Garcia was going to win, Im sure. But, Salido has the heart of a warrior, and seeing a broken nose would have spurred him on big time. He was starting to come on, Garcia maybe a little bit tired and starting to take shots.

There has never been an official ruling about stopping a fight because of a broken nose. You have to continue or its a TKO loss.

****ing disgraceful.
                  Last edited by BennyST; 01-20-2013, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nekeneg View Post
                    did he quit or was it stopped????????? I thought it was stopped??? Why are people ****ting on Garcia, it wasnt his call...
                    It was actually. They asked him if he could go on and I think Roberto Garcia jumped in and said "You can't breath right?" and Garcia went along with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      How did Garcia find a way to stop it when he's not the one who stopped the fight?
                      well the doctor did ask him if he could continue to fight. mikey's only response was "my nose is broke" and his corner saying "let's stop it, let's stop it." sucks the fight was heating up.

Comment

Working...
                      X