Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: ONLY WAY GUILLERMO RIGONDEAUX BECOMES A STAR IS IF FIDEL CASTRO CO-PROMOTES

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Could the reason Yuri and Rigo do not bother speaking English is because its a statement of loyalty to Castro and Cuba, is there any truth to this?
    Lol really? If they were loyal to Castro they wouldn't have left Cuba. Use ur head.

Comment

Could the reason Yuri and Rigo do not bother speaking English is because its a statement of loyalty to Castro and Cuba, is there any truth to this?
      lol They fled Castro in Cuba!

Don't mean to laugh, bro. But, believe me, there are a lot of misconceptions about Cuba and Cubans. Ah...I guess you can say that about a lot of people....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Just a couple of questions, because I don't know all that much about Gennady. Does he speak any English? Is he personable? (He appears to be.) These are two important factors, as we've discussed. Another thing is, Golovkin is white (or is white in appearance). Perhaps most importantly of all, as you pointed out, GGG knocks people the fuck out on a regular basis.

All these factors can easily create a crossover star that doesn't need a natural fan-base. Even now, I don't think Gennady has a following outside the hardcore fans. Does he? Maybe he will after tonight....
        GGG speaks English, he didn't before but for the past few years he has been learning English, he is also very personable, he looks like a school boy, doesn't even look like a fighter, but fights hard in the ring, he has all the right qualities to help him be a star in Ameria, all he needs is a huge showing tonight a big name promoter to help him and more media attention and opportunities and as his English gets better I see a good future for him for the next 5 years if he stays in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Just a couple of questions, because I don't know all that much about Gennady. Does he speak any English? Is he personable? (He appears to be.) These are two important factors, as we've discussed. Another thing is, Golovkin is white (or is white in appearance). Perhaps most importantly of all, as you pointed out, GGG knocks people the fuck out on a regular basis.

All these factors can easily create a crossover star that doesn't need a natural fan-base. Even now, I don't think Gennady has a following outside the hardcore fans. Does he? Maybe he will after tonight....
          Gamboa has everything boxing fans want. Power, speed, amazing reflexes etc. There is no reason why he shouldn't be bigger than he is. Im not buying the no English excuse. Some of the biggest stars in the ufc speak no English for example.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Lol really? If they were loyal to Castro they wouldn't have left Cuba. Use ur head.
            What if yuri and rigo are both spy?

Comment

I don't know man, you never know. Some guys might flee Cuba but inside they still love their country. I know Castro hates America he hates it so much he refused to speak English again. Also that one Cuban heavyweight speaks German, but these two Cubans either refuse or learn to speak English in America, it could be possible you never know?

Its pretty hard for them to lose complete loyalty to Cuba, I think Yuri even got emotional about it when asked about Cuba, he said he loves Cuba.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lebowski View Post
                What if yuri and rigo are both spy?
                lol

Comment

I don't know man, you never know. Some guys might flee Cuba but inside they still love their country. I know Castro hates America he hates it so much he refused to speak English again. Also that one Cuban heavyweight speaks German, but these two Cubans either refuse or learn to speak English in America, it could be possible you never know?

Its pretty hard for them to lose complete loyalty to Cuba, I think Yuri even got emotional about it when asked about Cuba, he said he loves Cuba.
                  Castro doesn't hate America he hates the government.

But both gamboa and Rigo love their country but oppose Castro. They've spoken about it. All cubans love their country, its just that the ones that come here disagree with the politics.

Also learning languages is easier for some than others. It can be incredibly difficult for some people.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 01-19-2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

bobby was just saying the obvious..he just said it in a fun way... would'nt it have been worse if he lied and said " rigo will be a household name in no time" ?..ofcourse..hell, he does'nt even think nonito is big deal right now, how much more with rigo who has'nt done squat...

and bob is right , nonito's wife is such a bt1ch and nonito disrespecting his faher in public really got the pinoys hate him too...

nonito just does'nt have the likeabibity of a pacman despite being good and exciting...

Comment

Gamboa has everything boxing fans want. Power, speed, amazing reflexes etc. There is no reason why he shouldn't be bigger than he is. Im not buying the no English excuse. Some of the biggest stars in the ufc speak no English for example.
                      Maybe you're right. Let's see what happens now. Yuri's career was stalled for over a year. Hopefully it recovers under "Fitty."

Castro doesn't hate America he hates the government.

But both gamboa and Rigo love their country but oppose Castro. They've spoken about it.
                      Correct. 2x

Comment

Working...
                      X