Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik announced retirement.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the saying goes - 'you don't play boxing'. If Kelly isn't 100% committed then he's made the right decision as he could suffer serious damage. I wish other fighters would do the same instead of turning up to get battered for a pay day.

I hope the guy enjoys his life.

Comment

Incredibly rare that a guy admits to himself that it's time to retire. Usually they begrudgingly accept it after years of denial. Pavlik didn't seem to have the game-changing power at 168 that he had at 160, and without that he wasn't going to be running things. He could maybe beat Abraham, but that's about it.

Best of luck to Kelly, I hope he's set financially.

Comment

Originally posted by askoe View Post
        Yes....the Ward fight would've been a sad affair.....he could've been one of the great. Sadly he took a left, when he should've taken a right. Hope he finds some focus in the futures, he can still do some damage.
        Not sure where this idea comes from.

Sure, he was an entertaining fighter. Could've been one of the greats? No.

Comment

If his heart wasn't in it, then hes made the right decision.
          He's had his troubles and i don't think he was ever going to hit the heights again.

Shame how things went really, the Kelly Pavlik who faced Miranda and Taylor was one of my favourite fighters at that time.

Comment

if you aint feeling it no more...you got no business in that ring! Good call! Atleast he didnt cry about it! :WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
              I guess it's about time. He could still probably line up a couple fights to buffer his retirement funds but I don't think retirement was that far off anyways.

And lmao at this:

"I had a pretty good career," Pavlik said. "I was 40-2 and I only lost to two of the best guys, Martinez and Hopkins. I'm content. It's not like I got knocked out. It's not like I got knocked out the way Manny Pacquiao got knocked out (in December by Juan Manuel Marquez).
              If you fought fighters as good as Pac fought youd be koed 3 times a year.

Pac fights the most consistently good fighters and he got ko'ed once in so many years.
              Why is Pac tried to be made fun of now? Losing once in a while there is nothing wrong with that, it shows you fight often very good fighters.
              Unlike Floyd as well. The good fighters floyd fights have had 3 good nights against 3 fighters before having an off night against Floyd, they were due it. Floyd only has one good night to other fighters 2 or 3. Similar to Cotto had a good night against Margarito and Yuri and was due a off night against Floyd. Floyd only has to put in one good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                Not sure where this idea comes from.

Sure, he was an entertaining fighter. Could've been one of the greats? No.
                Keeping his head straight, and staying at 160.....the sky was the limit for him. IMO.

Comment

Mark this down, i want it on record.

In 2 or 3 years time he will make a comeback.

Comment

Anyone else think it's ironic he's quitting from boxing because it's "bad for his health in the long run" yet this guy is a known alcoholic?

Comment

Originally posted by PhooLzRUs View Post
                      Anyone else think it's ironic he's quitting from boxing because it's "bad for his health in the long run" yet this guy is a known alcoholic?
                      maybe part of it? your brain will only take so much abuse

Comment

Working...
                      X