Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik announced retirement.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for knocking the **** out of Jermain Taylor. Hopefully Pav gets rid of his demons.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Glad he's getting out, would have hated to see Kelly as a stepping stone, what a waste of talent though, a focused, fit Kelly could have bossed 160-175, no where near the most talented but tough and could bang with the best of them

Comment

hope he stays retired best of luck to you champ

Comment

Can't argue with his reasoning. Gave us some great fights before the B-Hop debacle. I'm certain he'll be back, though.

Comment

This is the right decision. I hope he can now get his life back together.

Man, it's crazy how hard and fast he fell from the top of the boxing world.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Pavlik has money but he will probably gamble it or drink it away. The guy doesn't seem like the type who is good with finances, and he is a pretty bitter guy seems like the type who will dwell a lot and look back.

It's weird that he would retire before a fight that would give him another good payday and possibly revive his career, if he lost to Ward he probably thought it would hurt his legacy more, I don't think he retire for health concerns, I mean the guy is a drunk or used to be a drunk that would effect his liver, kidneys and long term health too. I think he copped out, probably felt he couldn't beat Ward so he retired.

I think he will comeback once he needs the money again, but you can live pretty well in Youngstown with 2 million in the bank.
              Seeing as he has indeed put his money away, it seems like he is a guy who is good with his money.

He lives in Youngstown, it isn't like he's drinking in VIP clubs on the Vegas strip every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Glad the Ward fight didn't go through. What a sham that would have been now that we know the bastard was ready to retire... Wish him the best.
                Honestly, that fight had sham written all over it from the day it was signed. Pavlik hasn't been the same for some time.

Comment

2 million is enough. Just invest some business

Comment

Pavlik hasn't seemed mentally at his best for quite some time now. I think he is just looking for some time away, but I'm sure he'll be back. He is gona need the money.

Comment

Thanks for all of the wars Kelly the Taylor fight will be forever etched in my mind what a beautiful display of heart and ring generalship.

Comment

Working...
                      X